cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Business Broadband to Infinity: Difficulty of reconfiguring Netgear DG834G v2?

ROliveira

Hi,

I want to upgrade my business broadband subscription to BT Infinity, but have been told that because I use a Netgear router, this will need to reconfigured in order to accept the upgraded broadband. BT tech cannot advise me how to do this as it's third party equipment. How do you reconfigure a router? Is it an achievable goal for a non-IT person?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi ROliveira,

if you send me a private message with your broadband phone number and all your contact details I can get someone to call you back.

Markp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there ROliveira,

depending on your router, what you could do is get the Business hub 5 when you upgrade, and put this into bridge mode which we can help with, you would then connect the netgear to the hub 5 as it acts as the modem, and you would not need to make any changes to the netgear router itself, but if you did want to make changes and you are not sure how to do this, we do have an IT support manager desk that can help with setting up non BT routers.

Markp

ROliveira

Thanks Markp. Who should I call to arrange all the below?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi ROliveira,

if you send me a private message with your broadband phone number and all your contact details I can get someone to call you back.

Markp

mikej101
Power User

Basically the Netgear DG834G will not work with Infinity - it does not support the connection to VDSL - end of story. Can't understand why you would even want to continue to use such an old piece of equipment. BT Hub5 is the way to go.