cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP using FAX

BMAlex

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to BT infinity. I had a BT Business Router and now have the Business Hub 5. On my old router there was a place to plug in your lines for VoIP (two lines on a splitter), this is not present on the Hub 5. 

When I upgraded I was told Fax over VoIP was possilbe with my new router. So how do I do it if there is no port for it on the back of the router?

I have two VOIP lines one runs as a telephone line and the other a fax line. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Alex.

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi BMAlex,

The Hub 5 can be used with VoIP, but not with phones/equipment that have a standard phone plug they would need to connect to the Hub 5 by eithernet.  I have spoke to outr VoIP team and they have advised that is you are wanting to use a standard phone, you would need to purchase a Cisco Spa112 with a US to UK converter (RJ11). 

Once you have these they can help you in configuring them, as they are 3rd party equipement it is not 100% guaranteed but they will do their best to get it all working for you.

If you contact the VoIP helpdesk, they can give you more information and support.

Markp