cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is My 3rd Party Router Network Login?

xdavid

On a new BT Business Infinity line, I am trying to replace the Business Hub 5 with my own router (for better VOIP) and I’m getting confused with the broadband “login/password” stuff due to the different advice on previous forum answers depending on how old the question (BT seem to have changed the way things are done over the years).

I would be obliged if someone can confirm what should be used on a new provision...

In the BT email, I was given a “Network ID Credential”, with a note against it saying, “If you’re using your own equipment, you’ll need this password to set up your router”. There was no separate password, the note referred to the “Network ID Credential”. (So that’s confusing to start with).

The Network ID Credential is in the form, Name@example1 (i.e., it started with a capital and had a single word after the "@" - so not an email address format).

On a BT support post for configuring 3rd party routers, it says that “The BT Broadband network does not need a password” (But I don't know how old that support post is)...
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7447/~/how-do-i-set-up-my-non-bt-router

So I presumed that on the 3rd party router I use the Network ID Credential as the ‘login’ and leave the password blank (or use “password”).

This doesn’t work.

I then tried using the Network ID Credential on the BT Hub 5, in place of the greenlight login (and with password = “password”). This didn’t work either.

Can someone please clarify what goes where and whether there really is a password required? (If so, where do I find it). Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi xdavid,

to confirm when you are setting up a non BT router you need to use your line specific username which will look similar to A123456@hg21.btclick.com and this username will have a password to  go with it.  It is these line specific details you need to use.

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi xdavid,

to confirm when you are setting up a non BT router you need to use your line specific username which will look similar to A123456@hg21.btclick.com and this username will have a password to  go with it.  It is these line specific details you need to use.

Mark

xdavid

Bit late updating this. Yes, I was missing the separate email from BT giving the line/modem username (I was being passed the info by someone else). All good after getting that.