cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is cabinet 32 in Barnstaple Devon

miketurner201

Hi

I've checked the DSL availablity page and it says I'm on the WAITING LIST on cabinet 32 in Barnstaple.

Can I find out where this cabinet is situated and if I have a closer one.  I know of one around half a mile away 

and want to check if that is cabinet 32 or not.

I'm also trying to find out how long I will have to wait for the fibre connection as I was on fibre already but I'm now on the slower (non infinity)  due to BT reducing my service to the slower copper one in error which they admit and apologised for.

I have a VOL order waiting.

Hopefully you can help me, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

john46

You cannot be moved to another cabinet this has been asked many times before

miketurner201
Ok. But what about my other question. How long can I be expected to wait for a space to be become available in the box ? What's the average wait ?

miketurner201

miketurner201

Ok. But what about my other question. How long can I be expected to wait for a space to be become available in the box ? What's the average wait ?

john46

It depends on whether a n additional line card is needed in the cabinet tht can be weeks if it is an additional cabinet then that has no known timescale

miketurner201

Hi, thanks for the info.

Do you know how I can find out if an additional line card is needed ?

(I'm told I'm in a queue but it seems that if there is now known time scale then perhaps it might be years ?)

john46

No that information is only known by Openreach and they not public facing all you can do is wait I am afraid