cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has it btaken BT 12 weeks not to fix our broadband connection?

murraya

BT Broadband started going slower than its normally dismally slow speed in early September, complaint lodged with BT on 25th September.  Since then we have had to endure making one or more calls a week (BT never calls back despite promises) and we still have no service.  Apparently the problem is serious but frankly that is not our problem, so far we have been without a connection for 12 weeks with no end in sight.

The shameful "service" or what passes for service has included calls to us on a line it is impossible to hear due to the problem and admissions that mistakes have been made in obtaining permits to dig up the road.  Every time we call they want to test the line (no point it doesnt work!!), every time we are told we have a problem (we knew that three months ago!!) and also it is apperntly much quicker to contact BT via its website (it would be nice if we had a connection to do that!!).

For three months I have been unable to work from home, watch catup TV, enjoy our streaming music subscription and subscription TV services, although of course I still have to pay for them and of course BT helps itself to payment every month for services it is not providing.  What will BT do when broadband becomes a service like water, gas or electricity?  How would any one like to do without those for three months?

If you are reading this BT then what exactly are you intending to do?  You blame it all on Openreach but my contract is with you and you have broken both it and your own Code of Practice.  i will give you one last chance to fix this before I take this to OFCOM and terminate your contract for breach and find another way of getting broadband.  I am already in discussions with other companies about that.

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi murraya,

for me to look into what is happening, can you send me a private message with the phone number of the broadband line in question and yout contact detals please.

Markp