cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst EVER customer experience from BT Business.

PhilThompson

OK - so I manage an Outdoor Education Centre in Argyll - we rely heavily on the Internet to communicate with our customers, and this is the most busy time of year for us. We're a charity - we make real differences to children's lives and I have spent the last four working days being pushed from one person to another within BT trying to resolve a fault. I would rather have spent four days ensuring we deliver a high quality, meaningful experience to our customers.

BT engineers were replacing a main cable over the weekend, and disconnected our Internet LIne (we have a dedicated phone line for Broadband) at approx 1200 on Monday. I logged the fault a few hours later, and was assured someone would appear next day to fix it.

I have spoken to BT staff in Thurso, Glasgow, Belfast, Blackburn, India, India, Leeds, Plymouth and Manchester. All of whom could not resolve the issue, tell me whether the job had been tasked to an engineer or even when they would arrive. Eventually an engineer reconnected us on Wed at 1645. All today I have had 0.3 Mbps signal, and have spent another frustrating day shuttling between BT and PLusnet (our ISP) until finally at about 1600 we got our normal 7 Mbps signal.

As a organisation- we pride ourselves on good customer care, putting them first. My human reaction is to rant and swear about BT, but if I can turn this into a positive, then all the better. 

I would love to hear from a BT Customer Care person - and feedback to them how BT got it wrong on so many occasions in the way they dealt with me and my centre. Hopefully someone will read this, and I would love a conversation.

I can be messaged through this forum

I await a reply.......

UPDATE: Friday 21st. 1930

I originally posted this comment in the wrong place, and included my email address in it, to make it easier for someone in BT to get in touch with me.  Within a few hours someone called 'OLgaC' who moderates the board editied my post as I had included an email address in it, even though I used the AT symbol rather than the ampersand to avoid being spammed.

BT clearly employ people (probably in India) to moderate their message boards, and OlgaC was pretty swift in taking down my post. Well done her! Has anyone responded to my request to discuss my appalling customer experience yet? NO. And please don't let it be forgotten that BT cut our Internet line - the responsibility rests with them, not us.

Lets have some fun and do it again. Here is a false email address joe.bloggs@outdooreducation.co.uk  (HELLO MOD's - over here!)

Hopefully some poorly paid person in India will spot this, rebuke me for using an email address and edit it. Will they refer it to someone who manages and is responsible for the customer experience? Let's see.......

BT really suck by the way. There are some decent, caring people working for them, but they are let down by the infrastructure. How annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Plumly
Grand Master

If your ISP is with plusnet, you have an agreement with Plusnet to Provide service so you should be directing your complaints through them 

Yes Plusnet bought the service through BT Wholesale, but that still doesn't change the fact that you have no agreement with BT Retail (BT BUsiness and BT Consumer) or BT wholesale ( the line provider) 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Plumly
Grand Master

If your ISP is with plusnet, you have an agreement with Plusnet to Provide service so you should be directing your complaints through them 

Yes Plusnet bought the service through BT Wholesale, but that still doesn't change the fact that you have no agreement with BT Retail (BT BUsiness and BT Consumer) or BT wholesale ( the line provider) 

Ian1974

Hi PhilThompson,

Sorry to hear of these issues.

However as Plumly has advised If your ISP is Plusnet you need to direct the complaint to them, they in turn will raise the complaint issue with Openreach / Wholesale as BT Business Broadband will not have access to any of your account information.

The message boards are moderated by staff based in the UK.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Ian - F -

BT Business Support

Drhants

I to have a major issue , I moved to my current address over ten years ago because at that time the Broadband was acceptable, I buy and sell heavy open cast mining equipment internationally, But over the years the service has got weaker and slower and  now with a major fault that has affected 6 properties in the immediate location of which all are small business's i now enjoy an upload speed of at best .29 on my so called broad band and a School holiday speed of .16>

BT will not do anything about the speed despite me recently spending 240 minutes talking/holding/waiting and testing with BT Faults. ( that was even to get a service back classed as a working line!!

Business colleagues now laugh at the fatc that have problems getting hold of me. My Vodaphone Sure Signal requires .36 to operate  so guess what  No Mobile signal either now.

My last Bill for Phone and Broad band is  not in relation to the service i am getting  or service I am not getting!

Even as one of the engineers who came out said ," We have told them that the whole Line from Harting in west Sussex to Treyford ( 2.5 miles away) needs to be replaced" and has been talked about for the last 6 years but they will not do anything because of the cost despite how big their profits are ! and in the meantime if anyone else wants  to join the broadband line BT say Sure no problem we will sell you broadband ! one day which has passed many many times trhe speed or lack of it will eventually stop!

The next worse thing is trying to explain the problem to some one in India!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely pathetic service from BT and BT open reach, Shame because the engineers are also taking the brunt of putting sticky plasters  on a failing OLD system.

patsy123

DATE 20/8/15

HI THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER EXPSPERANCED TALKING TO RUDE PEOPLE ABOUT BRORD BAND. 5 WKS AGO THE BRORD BAND WENT DOWN IN A PROPERTY I LOOK AFTER FOR HOLIDAY LETTINGS IN PADSTOW CORNWALL.I REPORTED THIS ON A THURSDAY 5WKS AGO. I RANG B.T FOR 1 HR I WAS ON THE PHONE WE WILL SORT THIS OUT THEY SAID AFTER DOING THINGS AT THERE END CHECKING THE OUT SIDE LINE THEY SAID ITS ALL WORKING NOW.I THEN WENT INTO THE PROPERTY ON SAT NOTHING HAD CHANGED STILL NOT WORKING.I PHONED THEM AGAIN ASKING THEM TO HELP ME YES WE WILL FIX IT.THEY WENT THRO ALL THE OUT SIDE AGAIN THEY CAME BACK TO ME ITS ALL FIXED NOW I WENT DOWN AGAIN STILL NOT FIXED (IF ANY I SAYS TO ME BOOT IT I WILL GO MAD ) I WK PASSED I WAS PHONEING & PHONEING THEN THEY SAID WE WILL SEND SOME ONE OUT THE FOLLING SAT PLEASE BE THERE AT 3PM...4PM I STOOD OUT SIDE THE PROPERTY FOR 1hr NO I NO I TURNED UP I WAS SO ANOUD I FELT I WAS BEING LIED TO. SO I CAME HOME RANG THEM AGAIN WENT THRO WAITING FOR THEM TO CHECK ALL THE OUT SIDE.THEY TOLD ME SOME 1 WOULD RING ME THE NEXT DAY SUN THEY DID I WENT ALL THROUGH THEM CHECKING THE OUT SIDE AGAIN HE SAID THERE MUST BE A FALT IN SIDE WE WILL RING YOU TO ORGANISE SOME 1 TO GO IN. NO I NO I PHONED ME.SO I RANG THEM AGAIN THEY ASKED ME 2 STOP PHONING (I NEED THIS FIXED AS I AM LOOSING £50 A WEEK COMPERSATION ON THE HOLIDAY MAKERS THAT ARE IN THE PROPERTY ) A PERSON SAID IT MUST BE YA ROUTER SO I BROUGHT A NEW ROUTER FOR £10 HE SAID JUST PUT THIS IN.IF YOU WANT SOME 1 TO GO IN & FIX ANYTHING THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF £190 BY THIS TIME I HAVE STEAM COMEING OUT OF MY EARS.I DONT NOW HOW THEY CAN TREAT COSTOMERS LIKE THIS. WK 5 I HAVE HAD TO PASS THIS ON TO A NOTHER PERSON TO HELP ME GET THE BROUD BAND WORKING AS ITS MADE ME FEEL VERY ILL. I MUST HAVE SPOKEN TO 20 DIFFERANT PEOPLE OVER THIS REPETING MY SELF OVER OVER AGAIN.GOD HELP YOU IF YOU HAVE TO RING B.T BROUDBAND

niknak

I have so been looking forward to moving into my new office, but now it has become a nightmare! We are a small business, based on a farm, with our office in a porta cabin. The old porta cabin is past it's sell by date, so we have bought a new one, fitted it all out, and it is positioned about 20 feet away from the old one. 

BT Local Business (represented by Victory Communications Ltd) just happened to contact us at the beginning of July, so I explained the situation and said that we would like a new phone system and super fast broadband in our new office. They came up with a package: 2 base cloud phones, 1 cloud handset for the workshop, 1 BT mobile (as my mobile was due for renewal too, and I'm fed up with EE). We were advised that rather than move our current line for the broadband, which would incur a cost of approx £100, that we would be better off having a new line, as at the moment, it is free of charge.

Eventually someone from BT turned up to look at what was needed, although he was next to useless, not even knowing what he was supposed to be looking for. Next we get a sales order...please sign this for £300+ for excess construction. 

The phone mast is situated within 2 feet of the new office. On the roof of the new office are 2 x disconnected phone lines from another business that recently left the complex. Our current lines, 2 analoque and 2 digital line are only 20 feet away. But I am unable to get any information from BT, from Victory Communications or from Openreach as to what these charges are for!

I have now spent 2 days on the phone to various people, and numorous emails, and finally I have been told that someone will look into it and get back to me within 2 weeks! Our new broadband and phone system is supposed to be up and running for the 1st September, and they've had nearly 2 months to get this sorted.

If I hadn't signed the phone contract and mobile contract, I would go somewhere else! I am one very dis-gruntled customer!

niknak

As I sit here typing, I am using my mobile to call BT business help. I can't use my expensive new cloud phones, because my new infinity broadband doesn't stay connected for long enough to be certain of completing my call.

My nightmare with BT services just gets worse and worse. I have billed for £600 for items and services that I haven't had, I have been billed for items that we were told would be free of charge, and if nearly £1000 worth of bills that I shouldn't have isn't enough, the 'services' that I am being billed for don't work for most of the time!

I am losing business, as for at least 50% of each day, the cloud based phones don't work, I can't call out and customers can't call in. I am unable to do my accounts as they are cloud based, and my internet only works for 10-15 mins before going down, and then takes anything up to half an hour to come back. 

I cannot run a business like this. Please can someone tell me what I can do about this? I am at my wit's end!

BT, I would like response!

bobrenner

BT's service is lamentable. They just do not care. They provide the worst service that they can get away with. I know this because it took the 4 YEARS to get my broadband working properly.

The problem was a noisy line caused by a poor joint in an aluminium cable. I spent tens of hours on the phone to them while they went through the same scripts over and over again. I had countless engineering visits all to no avail.

Eventually after nearly four years the line failed completely so they had to repair what I had been telling them all along. How did I know this? Because I was an apprentice with them a long time ago. I was re-employed by them before all this trouble started so being an employee did not bring any advantage.

Absolute rubbish service and heartless employer.

bradmiah
I have had nothing but trouble. My Internet has gone down on no less than 30 times in 7 months. I have had no explanation and at this time it's been down for 40 hours with no phone call. I have created a FB page, please like. It's. ...I Hate BT Openreach.
Regards

Drhants

If my ISP was Plus net then why would i be complaining about BT???? DOH!