cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst EVER customer experience from BT Business.

PhilThompson

OK - so I manage an Outdoor Education Centre in Argyll - we rely heavily on the Internet to communicate with our customers, and this is the most busy time of year for us. We're a charity - we make real differences to children's lives and I have spent the last four working days being pushed from one person to another within BT trying to resolve a fault. I would rather have spent four days ensuring we deliver a high quality, meaningful experience to our customers.

BT engineers were replacing a main cable over the weekend, and disconnected our Internet LIne (we have a dedicated phone line for Broadband) at approx 1200 on Monday. I logged the fault a few hours later, and was assured someone would appear next day to fix it.

I have spoken to BT staff in Thurso, Glasgow, Belfast, Blackburn, India, India, Leeds, Plymouth and Manchester. All of whom could not resolve the issue, tell me whether the job had been tasked to an engineer or even when they would arrive. Eventually an engineer reconnected us on Wed at 1645. All today I have had 0.3 Mbps signal, and have spent another frustrating day shuttling between BT and PLusnet (our ISP) until finally at about 1600 we got our normal 7 Mbps signal.

As a organisation- we pride ourselves on good customer care, putting them first. My human reaction is to rant and swear about BT, but if I can turn this into a positive, then all the better. 

I would love to hear from a BT Customer Care person - and feedback to them how BT got it wrong on so many occasions in the way they dealt with me and my centre. Hopefully someone will read this, and I would love a conversation.

I can be messaged through this forum

I await a reply.......

UPDATE: Friday 21st. 1930

I originally posted this comment in the wrong place, and included my email address in it, to make it easier for someone in BT to get in touch with me.  Within a few hours someone called 'OLgaC' who moderates the board editied my post as I had included an email address in it, even though I used the AT symbol rather than the ampersand to avoid being spammed.

BT clearly employ people (probably in India) to moderate their message boards, and OlgaC was pretty swift in taking down my post. Well done her! Has anyone responded to my request to discuss my appalling customer experience yet? NO. And please don't let it be forgotten that BT cut our Internet line - the responsibility rests with them, not us.

Lets have some fun and do it again. Here is a false email address joe.bloggs@outdooreducation.co.uk  (HELLO MOD's - over here!)

Hopefully some poorly paid person in India will spot this, rebuke me for using an email address and edit it. Will they refer it to someone who manages and is responsible for the customer experience? Let's see.......

BT really suck by the way. There are some decent, caring people working for them, but they are let down by the infrastructure. How annoying.

12 REPLIES 12

Meek9

I find it so demoralising being a BT customer as the customer service is atrocious and rude, almost non existent. I've complained several times about the poor standard. Nothing ever gets a reply. This morning I was cut off abruptly from a nameless person on the phone. Online chat couldn't help. BT 's own helpline absolutely hopeless. Recently I wasted over 3 hours of my life being transferred from department to department (and country to country), being put on hold, ignored, left to listen to repetitive drivel of music, and generally treated with utter contempt. I am being over-charged for my BT Infinity package. It should be a simple enough task for such a large and established company such as BT to resolve. But NO. It appears loyalty as a long-standing BT customer counts for absolutely nothing. BT treat such a customer with downright contempt through lack of cohesion. Is there actually any one person that can deal with a complaint or problem and resolve it amicably and to the customer's satisfaction? I have neither the time nor inclination to speak (and repeat myself several times over) to umpteen BT employees. Just get me someone to deliver a decent & acceptable level of customer service. Is it too much to ask?????????

martinmk

BT Business .. what a  terrible experience ..

been with them over a year .. 

was offerec an upgrade . was off line for ten days .. bt lady said it was all Open reach prob there BT!  .. and go buy 3 Dungles and we will refund you .. . THEN, weeks later they said as it wasnot in writing they can not refund / case closed ..  THEN ...  i took a call from BT saying the BT Cloud is a better service for us .. it sounded good .. 

and was a better price package  .. took it up, our office numbere became a vertaul number and we were up a and running .. then had a bill on 24th Ded 16 saying Cancelation fee of £1700 !  .. Yes, Seventeen hundred)  .. been fighting it since 24th .. still no reply .. been told my account is on hold so dont worry .,. Yesteday we were cut off .. well only took take calls, not phone out .. i rang and they apologized saying the BT Computer did it in error!!! .. still cant get any reply ... they keep saying passing on to the next level of complaimt or contacting the cluod team .. i have rang and emailed the cload team many times .. wish i never went withthem, but the sales people were very good and helpful .. can see why they are attracting customers with the good sales people but the service ongoing is rubish .. i was warned !!!!

windymiller123
Power User

Alas, from all the postings on here, it seems to be the norm.  You would expect lots of action, even on here, to try and remedy their atrocious service.  But it just seems to be water off a ducks back to them.