cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband connection issues

stuartsmith

Right i will try to keep this as short as poss.

Broadband connected 28/9 with up tp 15meg speeds, i know this isnt guaranteed but anything from 10-20 times a day the conenction just drops for 1-5 mins at a time. Its awful esp when trying to run an internet business.....

ring 154 on the 21/10 and they talk about all the usual stuff about filters etc, tried to explain we have bt boradband at another location so we know how to use bband!!!!! Of course they take no notice. given fault ref number, Told to unplug everything so i do that and still have issues. 22/10 still no better so ring up again and they tell me the broadband is ok but the line is showing a fault so do a line test, that comes back ok so they decide its the filters.

23/10 guess what it isnt the filters so on the phone again and they tell me they will now raise a fault!!!! hello had this not already been done, so now have to wait until monday for the next chapter. I wonder if its the voip affecting it? 

Quite simply my broadband doesnt work becuase there is a fault so send an eng out to fix please.

S

9 REPLIES 9

stuartsmith

so far in the 1hr 25 mins i have been at work we have had issues at

10.10-10.12

10.32-10.33

11.20-11.23

still BT are on the case and im confident it will be sorted soon! thats sarcasm btw.

reab
Power User

The only times I've seen similar things happen is when there are co-operative users on your line which you can't unplug - for obvious reasons.

i.e.

Alarm systems that poll the line on a regulat basis with inaudible signal tones that can knock things off for several minutes untill the router can re-establish itself.

Just a thought !

~
Favourite phrases:
Like your words, one day you may have to eat them!

The 50-50-90 rule - anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% probability you'll get it wrong!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

stuartsmith

hi reab, thanks for your reply.

i have spoken with the alarm company who assure me its not the problem, in fact we disconnected everything from the line at one point and were still getting issues.

reab
Power User

I suppose thats my point -

1) you can't normally unplug alarm phone connections, the alarm company has to do that after standing the system down.

2) The regularity of your dropout seem a little coincidental and would an alarm company take you seriously?

3) Have you any nearby heavy machinery, radio diathermy equipment, hospital or other signal radiating hardware

Bitter experience talking here !

~
Favourite phrases:
Like your words, one day you may have to eat them!

The 50-50-90 rule - anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% probability you'll get it wrong!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

stuartsmith

1) the alarm sytems uses a GPS signal in the first instance only dropping back to the phoneline if gps has an issue (the alarm company are double chekcing thou, if gps drop out the monitoring company would know and would inform me)

2) i would hope so, they are a local independant company that i have used for my other business for quite a few years.

3) not that i know off

thanks

S

stuartsmith

so yesterday was pretty naff - issues at 12.03, 12.35, 13.33, 14.30, 14.47 and lasting for 1-5 mins each, went home at 3pm.

then had some guy ring me up saying could he close the issue as the system was showing fault resolved, you can guess my answer.

today 9.15 for 10 mins and 9.27 for 5 mins and then i have found out that they have charged me £99 to install a line that was already here....

rip off merchants

stuartsmith

beyond a joke, im not going to list times of when we are having issues but safe to say its been 34 times today, wtg for the eng so i thought i would give faults a call and guess what they have notes on the system about booking a eng but not one actually booked....this whole company is run by muppets!!!!!

so now they ahve to run yet another line test and then rebook an eng for another date...

so as my company looses hundreds if not thousands of pounds a day BT still continues to take my money!

stuartsmith

so lets see what today brings - will an engineer turn up as promised, i doubt it!

Tracey
Guru

Hi stuartsmith,

I have been looking further into your account.

I apologise for the issues that you are having with your account.

I can see that from the account notes that you have an engineer appointment for tomorrow morning and a call back booked for after the engineer appointment.

As this is being dealt with by the BT Business Technical team , they are the correct department to assist you with your connection issue. Im afraid the BT Business Moderators are not able to assist you further with this.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.