cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt facebook page for complaints

stuartsmith

as BT couldnt care less perhaps this might help just a little.

so lets see if setting up a facebook group has any effect!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BT-British-Telecom-The-Worst-Company-Ever/156498541053449#!/

I urge everyone and anyone who has or ever had an issue with BT to join....

20 REPLIES 20

AJWittenberg

I am getting appalling Broadband service in my area (NW11). BT's own info line confirms that "there are problems in your area" and says that "engineers are working to rectify the problems". For MONTHS nothing is happening and I have to reset my home hub regularly.

I am thinking of switching to Virgin.

Is anyone at BT with a sense of RESPONSIBILITY reading this?  Please be honest with your customers.  If I connect with your online chat help line, the guy will ask me a load of questions about my home setup: is the light on?  is the hub plugged in correctly? does my phone line work?

It is VERY SIMPLE.  My setup is fine.  It worked fine until a few months ago when BT's service in my area started to degrade.  You guys at BT know EXACTLY what is going on: your OWN phone info line confirms that there are problems in my area.  The question is only: WHAT IN HEAVEN'S NAME ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?  Please give me an HONEST STRAIGHTFORWARD ANSWER.

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi AJ

I've had a check and can see that the post code nw11 is services by the Golders Green exchange, checking the Service status Page at bt.com i can see an outage 

The outage is expected to be resolved today at 16:30

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

there is the link to the service status Page 

TerriBee

Well where do I start. Such an appalling service ever. I asked for a number change and cancelled it two weeks later. I then received an email to say my order would be processed 28th October 2015 so I rang AGAIN and cancelled it. On 28th October 2015 I got home from work and my phone didn't work. On 9th November my Broadband stopped working and today after 4 engineer visits that failed to materialise I still have no phone or Broadband!!!!!!!!!!!! Every day I am told the problem will be solved within 24 hours, what a joke. None of them obviously know what they are doing. They can't even cancel and order and then make this hash out of it. What a great British Company - NOT.

@stuartsmith wrote:

as BT couldnt care less perhaps this might help just a little.

so lets see if setting up a facebook group has any effect!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BT-British-Telecom-The-Worst-Company-Ever/156498541053449#!/

I urge everyone and anyone who has or ever had an issue with BT to join....

Finlandia87

Phone went dead about one week ago...

2 BT engineers came separately to inspect...

both said fault was outside of my property...

one said it was exactly 160m away from my property...

both engineers said they would report the problem to the undergound engineers...

no sign of them and phone still dead...

what do I do apart from tear my hair out...

tried the chat live assistance to no avail...still waiting for someone to answer...

bertiefrance

we placed an order for work last month for 4 lines. on Bank holiday weekend my boss got a call while on holiday to say that BT had cancelled two of the lines from being installed on the tuesday. which had  been  confirmed via emails from Bt . i phoned to say this cant be done as we are moving offices on tuesday and that other things had been put in place so that the transistion would run smoothly. They just lied to me, someone from their sales team in the Philippines said it was a BT error, a technical issue and that the order would be redone on the next working day and he would email me within 10 minutes with confirmation of what he had said and send me a link to get the recordings of the conversation, he did nothing. Then on the tuesday someone waited at the new office for the BT engineer to install two new lines between 8.00 and 13.00. you guessed it no one arrived. i phoned BT they said that the order had been cancelled again. why. who ???  i asked for some one to call me - nothing. Then i contacted sales again only to be put back to the philippines and what a joke. i couldnt understand a word they said to me. i told them i didnt understand and was transfered to some lady who didnt speak she sang. it was totally bizarre. so i hung up and tried again having been pinballed all over the place i eventually got a nice chap who really did try and help and found out that the lines had in fact been done by turning on existing line within the new office. - great. Then this guy reordered  the other two lines again but without fixed ips as requested.  we got confirmation that the orders were due for installation tomorrow the 7th.  Still no fixed ips and no matter how many times i asked for someone from complaints department to phone me no one did. I filled in the email complaints but no one bothered  to get intouch. i ve been on the chats line they said they would get someone to phone me by end of day - no one did . so because we still didnt have the fixed ips i asked if they could add them, i was told yes, it was simple. BUT they ordered another line for installation on the 12th. i told them this was wrong and if they looked at the order they could see its wrong. so i copied and pasted and highlited the errors and sent it to the guy who placed the order. also i told him that the order for the 12th was wrong and needed cancelling. he emailed me to say he had cancelled the installation on the 12th. But he cancelled one of the two lines for tomorrow instead. i pointed this out to him asking for him to get  a supervisor or someone to phone me but nothing. i was sent an email telling me everything was on track for tomorrow the 7th two line etc. then i got an email from compliants department saying that they tried to phone me but the number i had given them was wrong. its a french tele phone number and I cant reply to their email. So i raised another telling them its not wrong. Then  i got confirmation email saying that everythings fine for the 7th. - great. only its not. There will be only one line on the 7th the other will be now on the 12th. why. and still no one will phone me. i started a chat in BT business and i have to say this person was helpful, well tried to be. this person couldnt beleive the hassle i had with a  simple order. and copied a manager in the conversation  i asked several times for him to phone me. - nothing. they say thay cant phone France,  imagine  British Telecom can't phone France. The chat person said that the manager will track the order, but i am not holding my breath. BT are the worst company in the world, there should be a proper department for complaints. there is not one and no one will return your call. its all one way. its like a sketch from the two Ronnies only they are funny. OH and we recieved a bill today thats another joke.

so well see what happens tomorrow.

paulhamley

There is no point in putting complaints on the numerous Facebook pages set up to embarrass BT - they don't give a da-mn about customer service, and they couldn't organise a bun-fight in a bakers shop. Even on this site, I put in the password that the site recommended as an option when I registered, and then it told me it was already used!!

I joined them on 22nd December, they screwed up the Direct Debit completely, forgot to take over the billing of my phone line, refused to sort that out by liaising with the old company I came from, can't keep the email system working, have an absolutely pointless and farcicle call centre that's the worst I have EVER come across, and when you want to complain in writing, you have to do it by post to the UK head offfice, and then you get a phone call from India, from the very people you complained about!!

I'm leaving - at the earliest opportunity!! As a Communications Company they should be totally disgusted with their communication capabilities. You'd be better off with two cans and a length of string.

I wonder how long it'll take them to remove this posting??

Pensioner

BT sports for business? Not really...Why on earth are you showing FREE Champions FINALS? So we are paying you £1000's every year so you can then decide to broadcast the most important game of the season for FREE? Well we'll cancel our subsribtion seeing you couldn't care less. We'll just show games for free from now on. This is a joke and you have just caused great upset with all pubs that are paying you enormous amount of money every month. Sky would never do something like this. Real joke knowing how hard you go after all pubs that dare to show any of your games and not have business subscription.  

Any comments maybe?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Pensioner

The reason the Finals are being shown for free, is because this is what was agreed between the regulators and BT, as part of BT getting the rights to show the games.

Markp

Plumly
Grand Master

This may help make understanding of the issue,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofcom_Code_on_Sports_and_Other_Listed_and_Designated_Events

as you can see, European football is a Band A Product, meaing the final must be shown on free to air TV

mike17son

i did not asked for BT