cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect cctv throw bt business hub

craigflack

Hi can anyone help

I have setup my cctv system which is working all ok , i have fixed a cat5 ethernet cable from the dvr cctv unit throw my bt hub and onto the pc with the ethernet cabe, well thats the idea. at the moment i have a fixed ip address for my internet connection for my business web site that is connected to my pc,  

I have installed the software for the cctv unit on my pc, to connect to the cctv unit it is asking me to put in the ip address and the password. i have input the password and the ip address which is coming up in the menu of the dvr unit but it is not connecting ?

The bt Hub is seeing the dvr unit, i could see this when i login into the bt hub on my local area intetwork . the dvr unit is set on DHCP.

And when i have got this working have do i connect to it throw the internet to view it on my laptop on a wi-fi system ?

Can any one help with step by step intructions ?

All the BEST

Craig

9 REPLIES 9

Robbc4
Super User

If you open your web broswer and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.

This will bring up the router GUI. If you click Firewall at the top then firewall settings.

Assuming you have more than 1 computer connected you select the computer from the drop down box.

Depending on the ports you need opened you may find that there is already pre-made rules. (e.g Port 80 is Web Server)

If you find out you need a range opened (e.g 80-8080) give me a shout and i'll tell you how to set that up to.

carkitman

I see that you have some info on how to connect CCTV system to BT Business hub, I have just moved from Bt Home hub where I could view my CCTV pics on any computer on the internet, but since moving to business broadband I have not been able to setup the hub so I can view pics via internet, I can view on local network with in property but not out side local network.

I have 5 static Ip address, and as far as i know they are set up, and i have opened port forwarding within the firewall setting but still not able to view pics via internet. 

Robbc4
Super User
How did you assign the static ip's? Did you do this through Local Network > Advanced Settings > Public Routed Sub-interface?

What ports are needed open for your CCTV?

carkitman

Yes it was through local setting, Hub IP address a subnet mask that where on my welcome letter.

the ports are  TCP 21,23,80   and 5201 also UDP 1025 and 2074-2075

Robbc4
Super User
Did you put the CCTV device into DMZ Plus mode or did you go to Firewall > Firewall settings and then the blue link under the applications called Add a new user defined application for the ports that aren't already in pre-made rules?

carkitman
I added the devise in user defined applications.

sanv

Hi,

I have a similar problem as described here. A customer has the BT Business HUB BT2700HGV. I have setup the DVR and assigned a static IP address to it. Then I tried to enable port forwarding in the menu. I checked the link on the BT website for port forwarding and it shows screenshots of an interface that is different to the one that my customer has. I guess he has a new version of the HUB with a new firmware?

The manual of the DVR states that you should create a DynDNS account which I did and then you should enter the PPPoE details in the DVR. I entered those details, but for some reason it does not let me connect to the device. I had my laptop with me, which was connected to the BT Router and I typed in the DynDNS "address" and it timed out. However, if I ping that address I get a reply and the IP is also resolved. 

Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

alastair
Grand Guru

the dyndns address will use port 80 so if the dvr uses another port then it wont work you'd use  http://dyndnsaddress.com:XX

XX is the port number e.g. 8080

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

sanv
The standard port on the DVR was 80. and then i tried http://myurl.mine.nu ... but that did not work. Then I changed the DVR port to 5050 and tried http://myurl.mine.nu:5050 but even that did not work.