cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dyndns2 support

paganiniv

Hello

we have BT Business Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.256 | Last updated 03/03/18

I'm trying to configure it with Dynamic DNS from google domains, it uses dyndns2 which is not on the list

https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6147083?hl=en

is it possible to add it?

I need to connect several businesses to it

4 REPLIES 4

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi paganiniv

Hope you are well - sorry to hear you are having problems with this. I assume you already have the DNS purchased from Google as the service provider? What should normally happen is they set you up with the information you need and then you access the DNS settings through your router settings page by going to Advanced Settings > Broadband > Dynamic DNS.  Normally all you need is the service username, password and hostname.

Is it giving you issues when you try to input that, or is it bringing up something different?

Regards

Ryan

paganiniv

yes, I have all that info from google
and I successfully configured routers from other providers

google domains requires dyndns2, which is not on the list on BT router, its only dyndns (without 2)
if I choose it, it fails to connect

which protocol should I choose?

Bobby
Super User

Hey paganivi,

I've checked the BT Business Smart Hub too which doesn't appear to include the dyndns2 protocol. If this is required, you can pick up a third-party router that will allow the setup of Google's DNS servers.

Thanks, Bobby

paganiniv

this was a feature request

as its becoming industry standart, 
using own domain is more convinient, and Google Domains service provides Dynamic DNS for free