cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G assured dongle with Draytek router

Neo

Is there a solution to use BT’s 4G assured dongle directly with the Draytek router (without using BT Hub)? We tried everything but can’t get connection to the network.

4 REPLIES 4

dial1899

I don't think so.

I've got a similar issue with a '4G hybrid connect' box that connects to the Smart Hub and only works in that configuration. I can't use the Smart hub because I can't work out how to get it to 'route'.

What I have tried but not used in anger is

- put Smart Hub in bridge mode

- connect 4G hybrid connect to BT router

- use router behind smart hub for all routing stuff.

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Neo, 

The 4G assure dongle only works when plugged into BT Business Hubs. They are not made to work in any router. Is there a reason you are using the Draytek? If you let me know what you need, I can definitely find out if our Business Hub supports it

Paul

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

dial1899,

The Hybrid Connect will not work in Bridge mode on a Business hub. The 4G assure will also not function in Bridge Mode. 

Paul

dial1899

Ah, OK.  I put it in bridge mode and the light stayed white overnight, but I hadn't put both the 4G assured box and Smart Hub behind the router on site as it would have required reconfiguring and its on the other site.

So therefore I need to have the Smart Hub in routing mode.  Which needs I do need the firmware update to allow static routes to be set up.