cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP on demand

yfp234

Hi 

I wonder if somebody can clarify for me about the availability of FTTP on demand.

I'm investigating this option for my address, we live in a rural location. We are quite far from our local exchange which I can see is a Ofcom Market 3 exchange.

Our street has FTTC, and also FTTP available, which I was able to check from the BT Broadband checker website shared elsewhere on this forum.

VDSL Range A (Clean)

Available

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

Available

FTTP on Demand

--

Available

--

--

--

Having just done a live chat with BT Business I am told that FTTP is not offered by BT and that we are unable to access that?  

Who can I contact to try to get the facts on what is really available?

We have been suffering appalling broadband, we are running a small business, we can't continue with substandard internet, and I need to find a better solution for which I appreciate we will have to pay handsomely.  There are enough other houses on our street who will no doubt value FTTP on demand, so there are likely to be economies of scale.  Who do I have to contact to try to have a sensible fact based discussion about this?

regards

S

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there yfp234

the best people to speak to, to see what is available in your area would be your local BT Business representative, as they would be able to advise on if FTTP on demand is still being sold, if not thet will be able to advise of other options such as BT Net and BT Net Express.

If you can send me your broadband and contact details, I can get them passed on the local BT Business in your area.

Markp

yfp234

Hi markp

Thanks for your reply.

Not sure I want to go down a leased line route..

I guess I can contact BT business direct..?

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi yfp234

I would recommend you speak to BT Local Business directly. If you go to https://business.bt.com/bt-local-business/ you can enter your Postcode and it will bring up the direct number for your nearest Local Business office. They would be the best people to discuss your options with.

~Ryan