cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDQ Connection?

Kelso_SanDiego

Hello

Is it OK to put a PDQ Machine onto a broadband connection as well as the internet as I would like to connect PDQ Computer onto broadband and keep the phone line dedicated to telephone?

Any advice would be fab!

Thanks

Kelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello Kelly

You should be able to connect this to the broadband – usually it would connect via the Ethernet ports on the back of the router, and you should be able to use internet at the same time. You may need to open certain ports on the router though to make it compatible – it is worth having a conversation with your PDQ provider about that – but from my experience, there shouldn’t be any issues with what you are trying to accomplish. 🙂

Any questions just let me know!

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello Kelly

You should be able to connect this to the broadband – usually it would connect via the Ethernet ports on the back of the router, and you should be able to use internet at the same time. You may need to open certain ports on the router though to make it compatible – it is worth having a conversation with your PDQ provider about that – but from my experience, there shouldn’t be any issues with what you are trying to accomplish. 🙂

Any questions just let me know!

Regards

Ryan

Kelso_SanDiego

Hi Ryan

That's fab, thank you! 🙂

Kelly