cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP addresses and SmartHub 6

BenK

Setup pretty simple, smarthub 6 onto BT  infinity wth a block of 5 static IPs.

Have gone through setting up the internal assignemnet of the required public IPs to internal devices, an SBS server and an applcation server.  (Static IP > MultiNAT) Both are on static internal IP outside of DHCP scope and show in the Hub management GUI.

Routing rules are in place and operate on the current public IP.

Despite rebooting the servers they are still not available on the allocated static IPs from the smart hub.
Any ideas or guidance would be appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BillyR
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi BenK.

I have found sometimes the hub has an issue giving out the Static IP to the device that needs the public IP if any other device connected has been manually assigned too.

The way i have found to do it is to manaully configure the Static IP, Subnet Mask and Defailt Gateway of the 5 static range in the TCP/IP settings of the devices that need the public IP address. Give the DNS The Defaut Gateway of the range  too.

You can then setup the port rule to the static IP in the firewall section to the static IP itself.

Hope this helps

Billy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BillyR
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi BenK.

I have found sometimes the hub has an issue giving out the Static IP to the device that needs the public IP if any other device connected has been manually assigned too.

The way i have found to do it is to manaully configure the Static IP, Subnet Mask and Defailt Gateway of the 5 static range in the TCP/IP settings of the devices that need the public IP address. Give the DNS The Defaut Gateway of the range  too.

You can then setup the port rule to the static IP in the firewall section to the static IP itself.

Hope this helps

Billy

BenK
As the servers need to be accessed internally as well, we can't apply the external public IPs to them directly.

Bobby
Super User

Hey BenK

That should be possible as you can assign 2 different subnets, it's best calling the technical team on 0800 800 154 and request to be transferred through to second line team who can assist you with the setup. 

Thanks, Bobby

prasadab

Fixed/Reserved IP address setup :
Advanced -> Home Network -> DHCP Table
Choose device in question -> enter chosen IP address and tick 'always use this IP address', apply.
choose IP address outwith DHCP range (see below) so it's easier to identify, e.g.x.y.z.50 to x.y.z.99

Advanced ->Home Network -> IP Addresses
DHCP Network Range
tick 'Configure Manually'
start =x.y.z.100
end =x.y.z.200
apply

Makes it easier to identify how any device in question was assigned it's IP address.
i.e. IP address of x.y.z.101 = DHCP assigned IP address.