cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easiest way to get fibre from the cabinet at the end of my street

clive05

I have had another idea.

Can i get openreach to connect a phone cable from my nextdoor but one neighbour's outside junction box to my property? My next door but one neighbour's outside junction box is connected to the new fibre cabinet P114 at the end of the street (about 30 meters away).I am connected to cabinet P75 (not fibre enabled) about 50 meters away.Is that just a case of booking an engineer to supply and fit a phone cable and disconnect my current one,and how do i keep my same number and how would this affect my BT Redcare that is currently connected?

many thanks,Clive. see attached pictures of my junction box shared with about 4 neighbours,and number 17's box shared with about 4 neighbours.my outside phone box.jpgnumber 17 outside phone box.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Bobby
Super User

Hey clive05,

This entirely depends on availability and there's no set way to do this I believe. Your best bet would be ceasing your current line and ordering a new one, but it's not a guarantee and you may go through this process to end up at the same box. For clarity you would be best contacting the technical team on 0800 800 154.

Thanks, Bobby 

clive05

thanks ive tried tehnical team,turns out im more technically knowledgable than them,they've never heard of a 'line re-route' or a 'pair prove',all this lingo i have to talk to about is with BT openreach.

By the way theres a red letter box about the same distance as the fibre cabinet in the other direction,so i'll go back to hand writing a letter to Openreach,walking across the road,posting first class and probably will get a quicker response than waiting in phone call queues and email replies which take days to get any response from anyone.

Technology slows me down.

now close to giving up,can't take much more of this nonsense.

Bobby
Super User

Hey clive05,

It's likely that Openreach will tell you to contact your service provider who will be responsible for the performance of that line and wouldn't be able to make any changes from their end. Most BT Business technical employees aren't familiar with lingo that the engineers would be familiar with unfortunately, but the orders do need processed from their end.

All the best Smiley Happy

Thanks, Bobby