cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup OUtlook Web emails

RichardK

HI, like everyone else I have just been migrated off of Outlook desktop (I was using Outlook 2021 through MS Office 2021) to Outlook web app. I get that PoP email is old fashioned but I don't get why my BTConnect emails can't be configured in Outlook 2021 when half the world probably has been using versions of Outlook for years, particularly the business community. My biggest beef is that there appears to be no way of backing up critical emails to my desktop. I know that archiving critical emails saves them somewhere in the Microsoft cloud but how do you make an offline backup. Are we to "trust" business critical emails to a third party who we have never met, who says they are keeping them safe in the cloud, and who currently says they will be kept forever?  I have heard many promises like this before only to find a few years down the line someone says "you have to pay for that service now".

SO...   can anyone tell me how I back up critical emails from Outlook web to my desktop so that I can back them up along with other critical business data?

1 REPLY 1

pamelapuk

Like everyone else this is a nightmare. I found the answer was to use Thunderbird with the add-on OWL. There's a couple of posts about this here https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email-and-hosting/Can-I-save-my-emails-from-being-lost/td-p/88355/...