cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Easysite Wizard Pro

jamess1

Hello

I have just started with BT webhosting basic.

I have used the basic templates to mock up a draft website, but have not yet published it.

I find the editing capabilities with the basic templates too limiting.

I would like to use the EasySite Wizard Pro to edit, such as moving text boxes around etc.

The problem is I cannot find the EWP editor.

Someone from BT took a look at my PC and looked under the advanced settings and said it was missing, and it would be put back within 48 hours; but I still cannot find it.

Could it be I need to publish the site before I can find and use EWP?

Has anyone else had this issue before, and how did you fix it please?

Manyt thanks - James.

5 REPLIES 5

Sue99

I've just set up web hosting and had the same problem.  Having been told by sales that as a novice setting up a website would be easy with their package I took the plunge.  I found the user guide for Easysite Wizard Pro but it is not an option within the package.  I spoke to BT and they said it is a package for professional web site designers and if the access is not there then it is because they have changed the package,  They said that they do not offer any help beyond ensuring that we can get into the package.

I wonder whether there are two different web hosting packages, one for domestic customers and one for business, the domestic getting the easysite wizard, the latter expected to be experienced. 

Sue99

I have just managed to speak to somebody on the help desk who was prepared to talk about the site.   Easysitewizard is no longer offerred as a package.  What you are seeing is all you can get now.  After some experimenting and talking to other people at BT familiar with the new package he confirmed that there is no way to put two text boxes next to each other and no way to allign any elements other than by using the tempates such as columns.

jamess1

Hi Sue99

Thanks for your feedback.

For me the basic editor is not fit for purpose, and had I known that EasySite Wizard Pro was not available then I would have gone to another supplier. Not being able to say move a text box is frankly ridiculous.

I decided to pay more to go with BT to avoid this sort of nonsense - that will teach me!

As it is, this BT service cannot be recommended - indeed I will warn others against it.

The sales info still says that EWP is supplied with all their webhosting packages, updated 10/9/2016 here:

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10743/~/what-is-easysitewizard-professional-...

I will contact BT again later to see what they say about that.

Many thanks - James

jamess1

I have just had a Live Chat online with Allan.

He confirms that EasySite Wizard Pro is no longer available on any BT webhosting packages.

This is despite advertising it as available in the link I gave above - he says he will arrange to get it changed.

So the supplied web builder and editor is too simple to create and edit a decent website - you cannot even move a text box etc.

I will have to cease my order (good luck with that!) and transfer my website to another supplier - whata waste of time...

I cannot believe everyone else seems to think the supplied editor is good enough.

Many thanks - James.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi jamess1 with our new hosting packs we no longer supply Easysite Wizard Pro, as it it old and outdated.  We now supply Online Presnse Builder (OPB), as this is much newer and has more capability, as this will also render any website you create using it for mobiles and tablets as Easysite Wizard Pro is not able to do this.

Mark