cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Mailbox Full

Kelso_SanDiego

Hello

I have been receiving 2-3 messages a day informing me that my mailbox is almost full. I archive my messages to a .pst folder very month and have followed this practice for 5 years and have never had this issue before.

I don't know what has changed but the message says I have used 453MB of a 475MB allowance.

I have spoken with Technical Help and BT and they tell me to delete messages from my mailbox.

The only messages in the mailbox are about 1 month old and even if I delete all the junk I get the same message form Microsoft Exchange the next day.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

A very stressed out Kelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello Kelly

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles. When you are checking the about of space used in Outlook, as you doing this on your computer or through the Office365 website?

If you go to Email Login Page and login with your email address and password that is getting these messages, then once logged in click on the cog wheel top right of the page, then select options it will show you how much of your online storage space you have used.

The messages you are getting are more than likely because the online Inbox is getting full. Also make sure to check your deleted folder for any straggling mail

Hope this helps relieve your stress!!

~Ryan

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello Kelly

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles. When you are checking the about of space used in Outlook, as you doing this on your computer or through the Office365 website?

If you go to Email Login Page and login with your email address and password that is getting these messages, then once logged in click on the cog wheel top right of the page, then select options it will show you how much of your online storage space you have used.

The messages you are getting are more than likely because the online Inbox is getting full. Also make sure to check your deleted folder for any straggling mail

Hope this helps relieve your stress!!

~Ryan

jamiecunningham

I keep receiving an email saying my mailbox is almost full, it shows that total allowable storage is 972mb. I hardly have any emails in my outlook as I have had to delete them all.  I am currently at 921mb so in the next few hours I will not be able to send any emails. Please help!!!

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Jamie

Sorry to hear you are having these issues - best to check your junk folder and deleted items folders to make sure that there is nothing in there filling up the mailbox. Also best to check sent items for any large attachments that are filling up the storage too.

Regards

Ryan

CliffM

I'm getting messages saying my BT Click mailbox is almost full from Microsoft Exchange. Normally I log in through my browser and just clear my mail box on line. However I'm loging in to Microsoft Exchange via the BT website as normal and lits showing nothing in my folders. I know this is incorrect as there will be stuff not delited. Any ideas??

CliffM

This link doesnt work it shows an empty mail box my account is now not working and im getting messages saying its full.

KevinHolmes

Hi

I'm having the same problem, 'mailbox almost full' message from MicrosoftExchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e@btconnect.onmicrosoft.com

When logging in to BT e-mail via my business account it diverts to Office 365 Outlook on my machine so no cog wheel. When I access BT web mail it shows I have no e-mails (empty mailbox). So how do I access the server mailbox to free up dome space?

Very frustrating as it is impacting my business!

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Kevin

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. To resolve we need to get you logged in to the correct email account online. The steps below should help you get there and to get the mailbox cleared to resolve your issue:

• Open a webpage and type in the address bar portal.office365.com. Log in there with your email and password. It may automatically log you in if you have been logged in before.
  • Firstly, there will be a circle with the your initials in the top right hand corner of the screen. Click on this, make sure it shows the correct email address, and then click My Account. If the email address is incorrect, log out and log back in with the correct one and repeat this step.
  • The page will reload, and to the left of the circle you will see a cog/gear icon. Click that.
  • A list will pop up on the right hand side of the page – one of the last options says Mail, so click on that and another list will pop up on the left hand side of the page.
  • From this list, select General and then My Account.
  • At the bottom of this page you will see the customers mailbox usage and below that – Clean Up Mailbox.

This Clean Up Mailbox page will show you which of your mailboxes are filling up the server, and from that you can delete as appropriate.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Mandir

I am getting the same error that my mail box is full. I have been to the exchange email site for BT and there is nothing in any of my boxes. I do not use any other microsoft storage so am at a loss as to what it is. I have recently received a number of large size videos via email so this may have caused the issue but cannot find them on my email on the server in the sky to delet them and cannot find a way to set a dlete after xmonths on the portal. Help please.

I have tried all the steps noted above and cannot find anything

paul-griffiths5

I am having the same problem.  I have a btconnect.com email account  and I get daily messages from microsoftexchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e@btconnect.onmicrosoft.com telling me that my mailbox is full.  I receive these on my laptop using Mailbird.  I login to btconnect.com webmail using portal.office365.com but all my folders are empty apart from one message in my inbox dated 2015.  I have followed Ryan's instructions but I can't find the cog/gear icon in My Account