cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing domain names

HazelGrace

About 10 years ago, I registered two domain names with BT. One (.com), has been pointed at my externally hosted website for most of that time. This week, my hosting company was bought out, and they transfered the sites to a new server, meaning I need to redirect my domain. However, when I log into my BT Business account, it shows no domains registered. A whois lookup shows the domain in question has register.com as the registrar, and I believe they are BT's partner for domain registration.

Is there a reason I can't see either of the domains I hold with BT in my account?

4 REPLIES 4

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi HazelGrace

That is a strange one, if it has been the same BT account you used to renew the domains it should show. If you can send me over private message some details I can have a look for you from our side.

Beth

^BethM

Bissonnette

When the registrant no longer has those rights or someone else registers the domain name, the prior registrant may consider it a "lost domain name." To see if a domain name is registered and to find its registrant, you can perform a WHOIS search at.

macgrah

Track Your Domain Information Simply

ICANN makes it easy to track information about your domain. Simply go to whois.icann.org, enter your domain name, and click Lookup. You can also use an online tool like whois-search.com to view the current WHOIS records for a domain. This is the easiest way to access the public database of domain registration and ownership information.

Verifying WHOIS Information

Verifying WHOIS information starts with a few steps. For example, when registering a new domain, an email with a confirmation link is sent to the registrant. The registrant must then confirm the following details:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Organization Name (if applicable)
  • Email Address

Johninmen

Tracking your domain information is a simple process that can be done by using the WHOIS database. To perform a search, you can visit whois.icann.org and enter the domain name you want to lookup. Alternatively, you can use online tools such as whois-search.com to check the current WHOIS records for a domain.

To verify WHOIS information, the process is triggered when a new domain is registered. The Registrant will receive an email with a link to a confirmation page. On this page, they must verify their First Name, Last Name, Organization Name (if applicable), and Email Address. This helps ensure the accuracy and validity of the domain registration and ownership information stored in the public WHOIS database.