cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account is suspended

jtanna
Power User

Can somebody tell me why my eMail account suspended?  since the past 48 hoiurs I have not been able to login to my business account or to my eMail account.

I am using this temporary eMail account to get reponses from this forum as the website is not accepting my eMail because I cannot find my Account Number.

Is there a staff I can contact or is there a direct phoine line I can dial to get a definitive answer.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Bobby
Super User

Hey jtanna,

I'm aware that there has been a number of email addresses deleted if they were attached to accounts with no billable products (i.e., products have been cancelled but there are free email addresses that remain). You're best contacting the technical team on telephone number 0800 800 154, available 24/7, to clarify this however there's no way to recover those emails unless you pay BT for a product.

Thanks, Bobby

jtanna
Power User

@Bobby wrote:

Hey jtanna,

I'm aware that there has been a number of email addresses deleted if they were attached to accounts with no billable products (i.e., products have been cancelled but there are free email addresses that remain). You're best contacting the technical team on telephone number 0800 800 154, available 24/7, to clarify this however there's no way to recover those emails unless you pay BT for a product.

Thanks, Bobby

Thanks Bobby for the reply.

I did have a chat contact early today and I was told almost the same thing.  However, I have a domain registred with BT registrar or with their agent and I was required to open a btconnect account to register that domain.  I was quite happy to use Microsoft Hotmail account in those years when Microsoft was the only reliable service for most of us.

They told me that they will let me know either way tomorrow (by noon - 05th October, 2018) if they can reactivate the account.  I have got my old eMails in Outlook so nothing is lost but I need to account to continue renewing my domain.  They should let me know either way so that I can decide whether to move the domain to some other registrar or not.

Thanks anyway.

Peter512

You're best contacting the technical team on telephone number 0800 800 154, available 24/7, to clarify this however there's no way to recover those emails unless you pay BT for a product.

Peter513

@Peter512 wrote:

You're best contacting the technical team on telephone number 0800 800 154, available 24/7, to clarify this however there's no way to recover those emails unless you pay BT for a product. Mobdro

How to recover those emails unless you pay BT for a product??

Hossy01

Yes,  This is a very effective answer on your side. Thank you so much

jtanna
Power User

Sometimes the account is disabled by mistake. The BT staff are under pressure to close all accounts that are inactive so thye simply sus[pend the accountand after 60 days delete the account.

I had a similar problem in 2018 when thye closed my account despite the fact that I renew my domain name every two years. I called them and they told me that is not possible to have an account if I use only every two years.

However, something happened and out of the blue my account was reinstated because I received a reminder about renewing my domain so I phoned them and they told me it is a mistake on their part so they re-instated it. So I renewed my domain otherwise I was making preparation to transfer my domain to another Registrar but it is still with BT so that's it.

One thing they don't comprehend is that people can renew the domains every two years when it expires so why they close the account is something I don't understand. I am not using any other service apart from buying something now and them from BT online shops.