So I want to buy a domain to use for my portofolio

So I've dabbled in webdesign and such, but never really touched upon using an actual domain that wasn't already set-up for me.

So currently I've found a name that I like that I thought to buy on namecheap (if you don't suggest me using this site for buying domains, please lmk).

There they offer a service called Stellar, so I'm wondering if this is something that I should also buy or not?

If there are any other tips about this I will gladly take them <3

Power User

Re: So I want to buy a domain to use for my portofolio

Buying a domain name may seem like a daunting process. After all, there are so many domain extensions and domain name registrars to choose from, it can be quite difficult to know where to start. However, once you know what is involved in buying a domain name, the process becomes pretty straightforward.

There are three steps that you have to follow to buy a domain name:

1. Choose a domain name registrar where you will register the domain name.
You should choose a reputable registrar company that satisfies several criteria to ensure your domain name is in the right hands. We’ll explore those criteria below.

2. Search for your desired domain name and see if it’s available.
Domain names are a hot commodity, which means your first choice might not be available. Fortunately, you’ve got plenty of options.

3. Register your desired domain name with your chosen domain registrar.
Once you choose an available domain name, you’ll be ready to register it for a specific amount of time. We’ll show you exactly how to do that, too.

/* /