cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Click AGAIN!!

StatusBaby

For the past couple of days I have been unable to send or receive from my BTClick account. I can ping both pop3.btclick.com and smtp.btclick.com no problem, but I can't log on and collect my emails.

I've checked and double-checked my password to know avail, and even if it was somehow wrong, I don't know where I'm supposed to go to request a password reset.

If I go to www.btclick.com it takes me to the Yahoo mail login which doesn't recognise BT Click.

Back in the day BT encouraged small businesses like me to go with BT Click, then BT Connect - I was an early adopter - I still use both, yet whenever you ring the helpdesk no-one has ever heard of BT Click!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on ?

9 REPLIES 9

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there Statusbaby

The BTclick.com emails were moved quite some time ago to btconnect.com

this has been moved onto a new email platform in partnership with Microsoft.

In order to use a mail clinet such as outlook you will need to use the following settings rather than pop3.btclik.com and smtp.btclick.com

Incoming server

Server - pop.outlook.com

port – 995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.outlook.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

If you want to access on the web you can go to www.myoffice.bt.com and login with the BTconnect.com email address
just your email address with @btconnect.com rather than @btclick.com

You can also contact us if you need more support or a password reset.

I hope this helped

StatusBaby

BT Click may have been moved to BT Connect - but the BT Click service was still working via the btclick pop3 and smtp servers right up until a short while before I posted the original message.

But thanks for the advice - the service is now working again using the settings you advised.

pamelap

I've been using the incoming/outgoing outlook server settings shown above since Nov 2012 with my btclick user account quite happily (having had it sorted out by BT)........ as with you, it was working right up to the moment before a BT agent made a crucial mistake.

At the beginning of September a really daft BT agent trying to sort out a completely different problem, without asking me, changed the btclick password. Really really daft as of course the first thing I noticed was I could not access the server to get the email with the new password. You have to be really dumb to do that. Wondering if the btconnect password had changed, ie. using that as the user account, I found it hadn't changed. I was able to get emails using that.

I asked BT Support to correct the problem, ie. restore the use of btclick.com as the user account for the mail servers exactly as it had been prior to the mistake by the BT agent. I have just been told they can't as "they can't get into the servers to do it any more, like they did last November".  (see post by me  last year on this topic).

I don't believe a word of it. I am an IT professional and I am not stupid. Of course some BT employees can get into the mail servers. If they couldn't it would be incredible. (unless they've totally sold out to microsoft, incl. of the pop.mail.outlook servers, which if so they ought to have mailed us about in huge capital letters, and especially that they - BT - could no longer fully support us or why didn't they tell me that?).

I can only come to the conclusion that BT have taken the opportunity to withdraw my btclick account as a user account on the servers. (It is of course possible the account is still valid on the servers but with some dud password due to the BT agent's mistake; I think this is likely - ie.the btconnect, on the servers, has my real password but btclick on the servers, doesn't - they used to be the same password).

At present my btclick is just showing as an alias to the btconnect adress. Yes, I can send and receive mail with it (using the btconnect user account), but I cannot use it as the mail servers account as I could up until the "mistake". I don't like this at all. I am highly suspicious this is a step by BT to degrade btclick addresses even further than before, to the point where they will just stop working at all. BT have been completely uncooperative with this problem which has dragged on for 6 weeks now. I am also angry that they refuse to make good on their agent having made such a stupid mistake. It's really bad service and bad support. I've had no apology, just intransigence.

I was interested to come on here and find that these btclick issues have still been going on for other people too. I am not a happy customer.

Probably like many others, I have had my btclick.com account for over 12 years. All my dealings on the internet rely on it ---- username -- contact email addresses etc etc. To change everything would be a truly massive task and is totally impracticable. BT should be honouring it's original users who all had the first email addresses which were BT Click.com - and have stayed with them for so long.

alecj

Looks like an old thread but like the previous user I am having problems with my btclick.com account.

Everthing works perfectly but I have no idea how to change my email btclick password. Perhaps someone, preferably over the age of 45 years old who remembers these accounts can help me!!

pamelap

Hi

I just logged into MY BT off main BT top menu, using my btclick ID -> profile --> scroll down -> Your BT ID Details - edit password  (on right) (with >) in purple.

Does that work for you?

I am way past 45!!!

jtanna
Power User

Iam having the same problems. I have a BTConnect.Com account and it says my account has been suspended.  I don't see why because there is absolutely very little activity on this account.  All I do is to check once a day or twice a day for any spam messages but I hardly sent anything. 

It has happened in the past and I had to change my poassword but now I can't contact anybody as there are no direct telephone numbers. 

Once every two years I renew my domains so I need this account just for that purpose.  I rembebr they refused to accept a Microsoft Account when I first joined the service in 2014 and they forced me to open a btconnect.com account so I have it just for that.  I use Thundervird that checks for messages, if any, once or twice a day but honestly there isn't any activity but accoiunt is still needed to do business with BT.

i am really packing now.  I am getting sleepless nights as you can see from the time on this message.

Thank you.

alecj

thanks pamelap, but I still cannot change my btclick email account because I cannot log into BT Office, BT Business BT yahoo or any other BT web browser screen. I can log into my BT Business, see details but cannot access email. I use outlook 2007 to access my btclick emails therefore I know my email password works but of course outlook does not, as far as I know allow me to change my password - other settings 'yes'. I have also tried using suffixing my email with btinternet, and btconnect with no success.

Where am I going wrong?

getting very frustated - aging fast

jtanna
Power User

@alecj wrote:

thanks pamelap, but I still cannot change my btclick email account because I cannot log into BT Office, BT Business BT yahoo or any other BT web browser screen. I can log into my BT Business, see details but cannot access email. I use outlook 2007 to access my btclick emails therefore I know my email password works but of course outlook does not, as far as I know allow me to change my password - other settings 'yes'. I have also tried using suffixing my email with btinternet, and btconnect with no success.

Where am I going wrong?

Can you login to your eMail from this link:

<https://login.microsoftonline.com>

On that page you need to enter your full eMail address and password.  For example your eMail might be:

somebody@btclick.com

BT has started using Microsoft Outlook servers;  Yahoo has been dumped because they had many hacks in the last few years.

I am able to login at the above http and can make changes to my eMail settings.

pamelap

@alecj wrote:

Where am I going wrong?

Have you tried going to http://bt.com ?

At top left is Home  Business

Which did you select so you could try "My BT"

Although my account is a business account, it seems to only let me change the btclick password if I choose Home. then My BT.

Or did the advice above work. Let us know!