cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Outlook Email/Password Problems Again? I.E Email server problems at BT.

BarkerBT1

It seems to be a re-occuring problem lately but my customers are getting the adhoc Password error and are not receiving/sending mail.

Anyone else getting the problem today and can BT explain?

Thanks

Barker

24 REPLIES 24

sfowler

Yes I am having lots of problems as well, I have received no email for 24 hours and they said it had been resolved after 5 hours, not here.....

gcmp

I have not been able to receive my business emails since 11 am yesterday, not through my laptop, iPhone or using the online email service. The problems isn't specific to which email client is being used, it's just not working, and must be a bt server issue. I'd like to know whether all the emails sent to me since 11 am yesterday are lost forever?

The online status update informs us that the problem is resolved. Obviously it's not. The recorded telephone announcement on the helpline says the problem is being looked at by BT engineers. The helpline then rings until eventually the caller is cut off. Nice touch, that.

If anyone from BT is reading this - what is being done to sort this situation out? A lot of our business depend on this email service and cannot operate without it.

GCMP

sfowler

Exactly the same issues here, again since 11am yesterday. No access via the webmail, outlook, blackberry etc....I chatted via the online help for ages from 8am tis morning and finally they confirmed that te problem was ongoing from yesterday to some customers - tried to say it Microsoft updated outlook, not sure if that is the problem though.

I seriously need emails and soon, not great at this time of year either...answers please BT

abcprint

Some of our accounts received a load of emails at once late yesterday afternoon which seemed to fill in the three or four hours the servers were down but other accounts have still received nothing. Passwords are now being accepted though. One account shows a 503 error when accessed through Outlook Web Access.

Seems BT are still ironing out problems from yesterday.

suevt

We are having the same problems with btconnect.com - btinternet.com is working properly. It's now been off for the better part of 24 hours with no explanation!

I've also had a 503 error on web access.

Thompsontext

Ditto intermittent email problems over 8th-9th Dec with a POP client (Mac OS X mail) rejecting my password repeatedly. Webmail was accessible though at the same time POP wasn't. Seems OK at the moment. 

Has happened before.

suevt

Ours is still demanding and rejecting a password, although web access is OK - any answers from management yet?

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

If web mail is working then try going into the mail account properties and re typing the password in there.  Sometimes  it doesn't work if you type it into the logon box when it pops up.

Thanks

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

BT is aware of an intermittent issue which has been affecting a small number of customers. Full service has been restored and our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Mail that has been queued on our system is being delivered.

Kind Regards

Fiona
BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.