cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTconnect email problem

cheesel

Suddenly out of the blue BT no longer likes my password, its been the same for years and been pulled into my outlook.

I cant even log onto the BT Website to check my emails as it says the password is wrong and wont let me change it as apparently I dont even know my own mothers maiden name which funny enough hasnt change in years either.. Getting really frustrated as can seem to find anywhere on the website to get a person to do something.. Any advice much appreciated. Cant get managed user to change mine as his did this a long while ago and he gave up trying to use his BT email address.

TIA

Cheesel

9 REPLIES 9

nayan007
Super User

That is mother's maiden name is used for security purpose,it wants a answer and if you provide the correct answer then probably you could have changed your passward.But unfortunatly you have forgot that. I will suggest you to contact with the BT technical support team,they only can help you Smiley Indifferent

cheesel

Thanks Nayan

I havent forgotten my mothers maiden name BT has lol! I am putting in the correct one and even tried OH's mothers maiden name incase he had set it up and its not that either.

Thanks for trying to help.

MHC
Guru

If you cannot sort it,  call tech support NOW and after a few other checks it will be resolved with in a few minutes.

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

Just so you know, the input for that is case sensitive, and bear in mind that if someone else entered it they have spelled it wrong, so you could have something like:

- Answer

- answer

- ANSWER

- Anwser

- Anser

See what I mean?  They all sound the same, but as text they're completely different.

Anyway, what MHC said is the quickest fix.

Cheers.

Dave A

jgiles

I newed help in setting up my e-mail

Blanche

am having the same problem as cheese! I normally use Outlook but whatever I do nobody will accept my security information!  I have not changed any of my information which has remained the same for at least 2 years if not more.  Please can someone help me.

Thanks

Blanche

achievementsltd

I too have lost the ability send email since Saturday. I'm using exchange server 2003 and had no problems since installed in 2005 until BT's changes in 2012.

After resolving the unexpected problems last year when BT changed over to office365 without warning, about two months ago our email system started misbehaving. Some clients emails were not received and some sent mail has not been received by clients. This seems to be totally random and no NDRs are received. On Saturday we lost the ability to send email to external destinations at all.

In the change over we could not get setup as BT wanted on the sending side so were still using mail.btconnect.com on port 25 instead of smtp.outlook.com on port 587 using TLS encryption. I am assuming, though I can't find any evidence of it, that BT have now blocked the use of this server on Saturday.

I tried again yesterday to change the settings and the mail then got sent but got bounced back due to authorisation problems.  

I shall be following your post to see if you get your problems resolved.

simplydevine

I am having the same problems.  I don't even know my father's name?????  I request a forgotten password, but where does my request a forgotten password email go, because it doesn't arrive in my in-box, which by the way is with BT.

This situation has been going on for approx. SIX YEARS.  I keep a log of my passwords and the dates I change them, so how come my passwords never work!!!!

MY BUSINESS IS NOW SUFFERING INCLUDING MY HEALTH.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi simplydevine,

in this circustance I would advise you to contact the helpdesk either by live chat or by phone to get to the bottom of what is going on with your account.

The links for the helpdesk can be found here "contact us"

Mark