cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt connect emails only fetching not pushing

Craigljh
Hi all I've had this problem for a while and not done anything about it,but here goes.

On my iPhone 5 and iPad my btconnect email will only let me choose the fetch option which sometimes means I don't receive emails straight away.My iCloud and bt yahoo accounts let me choose the push option and I receive these instantly.Anyone with any ideas why I can't choose push for connect address ???? Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

Burkem5
Guru

Hi Craig,

I just looked up some info on Push Email, it looks like you need an IMAP type email account to do this.

BTconnect.com emails are all POP type emails which mean that you have to fetch the, either that or set the iphone so that it downloads them at regular intervals.

While BT do not officially support an IMAP type email we do offer Microsoft Office 365 Small Business

This will give you the following options
POP

IMAP

Exchange

here is a short explanation of the 3 email types

POP

This email type sync only the inbox, not the folders or sent items

This downloads a copy of all the emails in the inbox meaning that if you have three phones or PCs downloading the email and delete an email from one it will stay on the others.

IMAP

This email type syncs everything

This service syncs completely meaning that if you have three phones or PCs downloading the email and delete an email from one it will delete from the others

Exchange

Exchange does the same as IMAP with the added advantages of an Autodiscover record which allows mail clients and phones to get your settings automatically

Click here for a further information on Small Business as well as prices

I hope this help

Burkem5

Craigljh

Hi Burkem5,Thanks for the reply but I dont think thats the answer as I never had to do that before.

I've a btinternet email address and that works fine,comes to my phone straight away and lets me choose the push option.

Just in case it makes any difference(it didnt use to)the btconnect account has an alias and I think the problems started to occur when I put outlook.com into the server addressses ???

Any other suggestions appreciated.