cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a btconnect email address

harwookf
Do you know how I can delete a btconnect email address.  I have been able to delete all of the sub accounts, but need the main account to be deleted.

Many thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rogerroger
The main account cannot be deleted if you want to keep BT Broadband....this is the access route used to administer the account and main BT reference. You can cease the account  completely - that is the next step. Or you can assisn admin rights to another account.

Does this Help ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rogerroger
The main account cannot be deleted if you want to keep BT Broadband....this is the access route used to administer the account and main BT reference. You can cease the account  completely - that is the next step. Or you can assisn admin rights to another account.

Does this Help ?

harwookf
Not really.  I had the btconnect email when I was a homeworker.  This ceased a few years ago but was left with the btconnect email.  I still have BT Broadband but have a btinternet email now, which is associated with my telephone number and I also prefer it.  I really want this btconnect email closed.

Robert_Sole
as far as im aware, you cannot delete a primary account for obvious reasons, now if your account has all been cancelled off then all you need to do to close off the email account is to create a new account, change primary user to the new account then delete the account that is primary just now and then just leave the new untouched account alone.