cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email logging out for no reason

katharinep

This just started happening this afternoon.  I usually have my BT email on all the time and very occasionally it logs out but this afternoon it has been doing so every few minutes.  When I go from reading one email to the next it logs out and I have to log back in again.  Someone at BT must have changed the settings.  Has anyone else got this problem.  I'd like not to have to log in at all, like on my IPAD, but having to do so every couple of minutes is hopeless

2 REPLIES 2

Burkem5
Guru

Hi @katharinep 

Have you tried closing down all open Internet windows,  then  clearing your browser history (for most modern browsers it CTRL + Shift + Delete) then trying again?

If this does not work can you try this on Internet explorer 10 or above (in desktop mode if you have windows 8), Chrome, or Firefox.

If that does not work you may need to contact us

From the sound of it though you may want as "Mail Client" which would allow you to acces your mail without constantly signing out and in.

"Windows live essentials" is currently free from Microsoft and includes livemail,  BT business support this and can offer assistance setting emails up in this.

Alternately you could look at "Mail Clients" such as Thunderbird which BT Business do not provide support for.

All mail clients use the same settings

Incoming server

Server – outlook.office365.com

port – 995

connection type – ssl

ensure that this is authorised with the full email address and password including the domain i.e.@btconnect.com

Outgoing

Server - smtp.office365.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

Hope this helps

Burkem5

griffib4

Why does my email keep logging out