cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email set up???

extrareach

Afternoon,

I hope someone can help.

I have a BT business account with email lite and a free domain. I can see this on my manage email page along with my bt connect email.

I have transfered three domains that were hosted elsewhere over to BT. In manage domains I have set up web forwarding.

How do I set up the email forwarding?  

I will add it is still working at the curent time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi extrareach,

You would be best contacting the helpdesk for support to get it looked into.

Markp

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

extrareach

I hadn't quite finished.......

Thanks for any help offered.

Smiley Very Happy

extrareach

It's not working now!

Mucho Desperado!

All help appreciated

markp
Grand Guru

Hi extrareach,

are you wanting BT to host the email for the 3 domains you have transfered in, or is your mail hosted elsewhere?

If BT is going to host it, you will need to create the email addresses on the BT side through manage email, this will then create the MX record for you to update the domain. Once the MX record is in place you can then validate the email address you created and login to it here where you can then forward the mail to another address.

If the mail is being hosted else where you will need to get the MX record from that company and then need to update that on the BT side in the domain console to keep the mail working with the current host.

markp

extrareach

Hi,

The domains have been transfered over to BT and I have had a confirmation that the transfer is complete.

The domains do not show in my manage email section so I cant manage them.

I have been on to the domain manager and looked at the advanced settings, one email shows mail settings and ip addresses the other just shows the  web forwarding I have added.

The one with the complete settings still does not show in my emails and I cannot move this further. We have had no email since friday now and it is becoming most urgent.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks

markp
Grand Guru

Hi extrareach,

You would be best contacting the helpdesk for support to get it looked into.

Markp