cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4S - struggling to configure iphone to receive emails

Kathryn

Hello

I have upgraded my iphone 4 to a 4S and changed network provider on Friday. Whilst my btconnect is working fine when using a PC I am struggling to configure my new iphone.

Initially I was receiving incoming emails OK but not being able to send or reply using my iphone  - all messages were just remaining in my 'outbox' and not being sent.  However after receiving telephone support today (Monday) from the BT broadband / btconnect helpdesk this issue has been resolved but replaced with another issue!  Whilst I can now send emails from btconnect (via my iphone) I can no longer receive & view incoming btconnect email messages.

Instead the message appears 'Cannot get mail' 'The mail server 'pop.outlook.com' is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.

I believe that the correct info has been entered into the 'Mail' settings after having checked it with BT telephone support, and this forum.  The same information was provided by both sources but with one difference.  The outgoing server SMTP Outlook was port '25' (as per telephone helpdesk) but on a posting on this forum the port '587' was to be used.  I've tried both and still have the same configuration problem. 

The BT employee manning the helpdesk could not resolve my iphone configuration issues and referred me to this forum instead.

Can anyone help? 

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi kathryn,

if you go to this thread "Iphone set up with screenshots" this explains how to set your email address up in yourIPhone, there is screen shots to help in the setup process.

Hope this helps

Markp

Sallyrw

I have tried your way and it is not working at all with my iphone 4S. I do not understand why I would put in pop.outlook although I have tried  and it is not working. What next? I cannot set up the account at all to either receive or send emails.