cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping @btconnect.com email address after domain transfer

z1ts

I've got a domain with BT at the moment and thinking about moving to another ISP.  I've set up an @btconnect.com email address on my account for my grandfather - will this be available to access via webmail/POP if I transfer my domain away from BT?

The domain hosting is the only service I have with BT Business.

8 REPLIES 8

Burkem5
Guru

Hi z1ts

So long as you have a chargeable service on the account the email will remain active.

Hope this helps

Burkem5

z1ts

I don't that's the problem!  The domain hosting is the only thing I pay (and ever have) to BT.

Burkem5
Guru

If you have the webhosting on the same account with the email,  the email will stay open so long as the webhosting is on that.

As soon as this is removed there will be no chargeable products on the account and as such the account will be cancelled.

z1ts

Thanks for comfirming my worst suspicions!! Smiley Wink

I'll have to leave it be then.  Bit of a PITA to be honest but I surpose it's my fault really with using BT in the first place!!!

z1ts

By the way, if anyone has this problem I've just had this email confirmation from BT Business:-

"Once we complete the transfer of your domain what we can do is change your account to what is known as fasttrack state, which will allow you to continue to access your @btconnect.com emails and not be charged for it."

So it can be done!!

Yen

Hi All,

I currently have a BT Business account and use the @btconnect.com address.  I have a personal residential phoneline and BT Infinity which is paid for by my company.  As I am leaving the company,  I wish to transfer my Infinity service to my personal landline.

This is quite simple but I need to retain the @btconnect.com address which I have used for over 10 years, however I have been told that this is not possible as it is a business account.  So even though I want to remain with BT and start a new contract for BT Infinity 2, the big issue is that I cannot retain the e-mail address.

Any help and guidance would be extremely appreciated as I do not want to lose this address! Thanks.

Yen

satish

II have two @btconnect.com addresses. I am planning to move to anothe domain provider. How can I retain my email addresses and at what cost.