Re: Keeping btconnect email address when switching to BT residential broadband

Administrator

Hi there lenmore,

I am sorry to see your email address has not been cancelled, I am afraif that the forum is not the place to be able to get this done, if you contact the cancelations team on 0800 800 152, they will be able to close the account and email address down.

Markp

Yet again I have tried to go to residential and yet again there is total confusion at BT. I spoke ot a Donna (business)  yesterday who argued that you can not keep the BT connect address if I move to residential and her colleague said I could. When I challenged her that my account has notes on it she just said it was wrong.

She also said the business to residential team had been disbanded!

Can I please have a correct confirmation if I keep a billable service I can keep the btconnect address - Simples

I have been told I cannot keep my Bt connect email address even though I have an account with you for business mobile stil, can you help?
BT Employee

Hi Dave

Unfortunately you would only be able to keep the btconnect if there is a linked broadband service, or sometimes if there are domains on the account, as the btconnect tethers itself to the broadband asset. 

My apologies about that. If you do wish to discuss your btconnect email and your packages surrounding that I would recommend giving our technical team a call on 0800 800 154.

Regards

Ryan

My btconnect.com email still works after leaving the BT Business service years ago. I set it up when I changed service to forward emails to my new btinternet.com address and it still works. Recently I have been plagued with messages from Microsoft Outlook saying that emails I sent from the btconnect.com account have been bounced back as having been rejected by the recipien. The thing is I didn't send them! I've had around 100 Outlook rejection notices so far. Heaven knows how many have got through to the addressees. The messages are all different and they are rather lewd, bordering on obscene. I've tried to re-access my btconnect acount to stop it from forwading btconnect emails to my current email address but I cannot get into the old btconnect email settings. I even changed my btconnect password in case I'd forgotten the original. The system let me change the password OK but I still cannot get into the account to stop the btconnect emails (in this case the bounced-back emails) from being forwarded to me. Anyone else had this sort if problem? Perhaps most important of all, I need BT to stop these lewd emails from being sent from my old email address by whoever is sending them because I'm sure, based on over 100 bounce-backs, many hundreds will have got through. No doubt some will go to elderly and frail people and even worse some will no doubt go to children and they really are very inappropriate.

Highlighted
Power User

[ Edited ]

Hi PeteinMK, 

It sounds like your @btconnect.com address has been hacked and is being used to send malicious mail. The bouncebacks indicate that it's been restricted. What you'll need to do is contact the BT Business technical team on 0800 800 154 who will be able to run through some checks with you (including a password reset, which you mention you've already done, as well as running virus scans on your machines) and then they'll be able to get the restriction lifted via their second line team. 

Note that it used to be the case that you could keep @btconnect.com email addresses when deactivating your services, but this isn't the case for newer accounts. Any @btconnect.com email addreses that are active on standalone accounts with no billable products are subject to be deactivated at any time. It's best to move away from this mailbox as soon as possible. 

Thank you, Bobby

/* /