cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping e mail address

Yorkrose
How do I keep my e mail address, following the e mail I had from BT, I followed the link to continue to use my e mail as we have the broadband package, but it would only let residential customers use this link, as a business customer I have for no reason I can think of as we have always had a business line, a residential e mail addresses . I finally got through to premium mail ( I think there is only one person working there all week) as told by the business BT that was the way to sort it out. Only premium mail has no idea and told me to go back to BT business, talk about going round in circles, what are my options
1. Pay the sodding increase of 1.60 per month, this goes against the grain
2. Return back to residential line from business's
3. Tell business BT to refund the difference each month

Any more ideas
4 REPLIES 4

Burkem5
Guru

Hi guys if any of you are having issues with this can you please send me a private message as the business guys are hammering out this issue at the moment

In the PM I will need the following info

Your Name

Alternative contact name (if available)

Contact telephone number(s)

Email address in question

Your Business Broadband telephone number
Your Business address

I will then send this off to a colleague who is dealing with this and we will work this out for you

If you are not a business customer then you will need to deal with this either via the residential team or by registering to the pay as you go email.

Full information on this c an be found here

www.bt.com/emailchanges

Thanks for your time

Burkem5

jwells161

Hi

I am having same problem,want to keep my existing email address but can't understand why i should pay £1.60 extra for the privilege?

wajbsb

If you have a residential email address and business broadband you won't be able to link the two together - residential email addresses can only be linked to residential broadband accounts.

If you call 0800 800 154 they will be able to provide you with a complimentary 12 months of premium mail as well as further information

This page may also help - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45245/?s_cid=com_FURL_emailchanges

jan49

I have tried calling 0800 800 154 and got through to 0800 800 152, they ended the call.

I tried again dialling 0800 800 154 but have no idea how to get through all the automated questions because none of them are relevant, and had to give up.

Has anyone got through to a person on 0800 800 154 and got their refund? If so how is it accomplished?

Thanks