cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping old BTinternet.com email addresses from Dial Up

merlin1812

We had BT Dial Up before we moved to business broadband in August. We have been able to download our email using our @btinternet.com addresses but today we have a problem with the sub-accounts. We get an error message that the password was not recognised. The master account from the old BT Dial Up account is fine. I understood we could keep our old BT Internet email addresses when we upgraded to broadband. Clarification appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

Your account has likely been suspended due to the transfer.

I have came a cross various scenarios with this issue so I can't say for sure what the answer is but....there is a service within BT residential called 'premium mail'.  You pay £1.50 a month and they keep your email addresses and email service alive for you.

I have been told that migrating to business broadband automatically adds this service but in my experience you have to request it.

If you contact BT Residential and say you want your email addresses activated on a premium mail account they should know what you are talking about and pass you to the premium mail department.

You can then continue to use the addresses on your new business broadband.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

I have came a cross various scenarios with this issue so I can't say for sure what the answer is but....there is a service within BT residential called 'premium mail'.  You pay £1.50 a month and they keep your email addresses and email service alive for you.

I have been told that migrating to business broadband automatically adds this service but in my experience you have to request it.

If you contact BT Residential and say you want your email addresses activated on a premium mail account they should know what you are talking about and pass you to the premium mail department.

Thanks

mcnaughtdavis

Thanks

mcnaughtdavis

Thanks    Ian McNaught-Davis.  When can I read my e.mail?

spank
Grand Guru

Immediatelly.

mcnaughtdavis

I have BT Broadband which I can use for certain purposes but I can no longer receive nor send e.mail using broadband. which should replace dial up.

WHAT DO i HAVE TO DO TO TO USE THE BROADBAND FOR MY MAIL. I BELIEVE I CAN PAY MONTHLY AND KEEP MY E.MAIL SERVICE ALIVE.

MY ALTERNETAIVE IS TO GO TO VIRGIN. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

spank
Grand Guru

The answer to the original question above also applies to you, same answer, premium mail.

Patricia-Lane

@spank wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks

@spank wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks

I just think (know) Bt dont want my custom. Sad!

@spank wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks