cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle Fire

Anthony1954

Just tried to set up Kindle Fire for emails.

I'm using Outlook 365 for emails on my laptop

I've used pop not imap for the set up

Incoming server is as follows:-

Pop3 server   pod51017.outlook.com

security type SSL/TLS

Port 995

Outgoing server is as follows:-

SMTP server   pod51017.outlook.com

Security type tried everything!! but presently set to STARTLS

Port 587

Requires sign in unticked (tried it ticked as well!!)

Can receive emails but each time I try to send from the Kindle they remain in the outbox. A message appears Connection problem (Btconnect).

Some help please

22 REPLIES 22

Stephenc
Master User

Hi Colin,

If you have recently been upgraded, you shouldn't need to change authentication, just ensure that it is always turned on for the outgoing email settings.  A homehub should be fine.

Do you have the email address setup on a pc to ensure it works?  Can you login to http://login.microsoftonline.com?

If so it should be fine on the kindle with the settings on the first page, it may be worth removing and readding the account completely.

Thanks,

Steve

Anthony1954

Here's a belated update, lost my eMail last night and up till then was still using the pod51017 instuctions which I posted some time ago.

I've just reset my email on my Kindle with the pod 51017 details it's working fine but I thought I would try Steve's advice and use pop.outlook. tried it with the instructions further back in these posts this didn't work BUT changing the outgoing server to pop.outlook.com from mail.outlook.com seems to work fine.  Hope this again helps all you Kindle users out there

kindlehelpline

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing experince posted at this site is truly good.

so you have to visit our kindle helpline toll free number which is 1-800-942-6509.