cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost emails sent from O2 smartphone to bt email account

Sigh2

3 emails sent to my bt emailaccount from an O2 smartphone have disappeared. The messages were acknowledged as Sent on the phone, no errors; messages from the phone to email accounts on other ISPs have got through successfully.

Is there a problem with a BT server somewhere? Where have the emails gone? I may be missing messages sent from other sources which I don't know about.

Thanks for any guidance - one of the emails contained a picture that is needed urgently.

NB Had to re-register to use the forums - the site no longer recognises my old password; when I try to reset it I get sent to the forum home page. And there is no obvious way of reporting the lost emails among the options on the BT web site.

Sigh indeed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sigh2

I spoke to someone from the BT email team yesterday and was told that BT did have email problems 18-20 December.

Have since run tests and emails from the O2 phone are now getting through, although not the ones sent 2 weeks ago; presumably they have been lost.

It would have been helpful if BT could have publicised the problem; I don't suppose that mine were the only emails lost.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Sigh2,

Have  you tried logging into the webmail of your BT business email address, to see if the email you are looking for has went in to the junk folder?

Mark

Sigh2

Hello and thank you for the suggestion - I hadn't thought of that. But have just checked the mailbox on bt.com and the Spam folder is empty.

The missing emails were sent a week ago but I can't tell how often the Spam folder is emptied.

Sigh2

I spoke to someone from the BT email team yesterday and was told that BT did have email problems 18-20 December.

Have since run tests and emails from the O2 phone are now getting through, although not the ones sent 2 weeks ago; presumably they have been lost.

It would have been helpful if BT could have publicised the problem; I don't suppose that mine were the only emails lost.