cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox full even when it's empty?

abcprint

Hi,

I use Outlook Web Access to check my emails and I get a daily message from System Administrator which reads:

Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 213571 KB.
Mailbox size limits:
        You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 200000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder file (.pst).
Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent Items folders count against your size limit. 
You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space will not be freed.
See client Help for more information.

The mailbox is set at 250MB (the maximum) and when I check for messages at email.btconnect.com, there are no messages in the InBox or any other folders (including Deleted Items), yet this message is telling me that the mailbox is almost full. If I use an email client like Apple Mail, there are no messages to download. I know the mailbox is receiving correctly as the occasional email is coming through and deleted manually.

Everything is telling me that there are no messages on the server, yet this message says there must be. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

What I would suggest is to change the View option (upper left corner) to 'Messages'.  This is the only view that shows all emails and their size.  You'll need to do that for every folder.

Also do you have any other @btconnect.com email addresses that forward to that particular account, especially if it's done through the account settings?

If neither of these are the case then I would suggest contacting the THD so they can look at your account directly.

Hope this helps.

Dave A

abcprint

Thanks Dave,

There is another btconnect email address which forwards to the account in question, but that is also empty as emails are deleted from the server when retrieved by Outlook on an office workstation.

Cheers,

Phil

OldWolf
Guru

Hi Phil,

It's possible that the email is from the other account then, but if that's empty too then it's the THD to be honest.

One thing to bear in mind is that mail clients only look at the Inbox (unless you have Business Email Plus and are synching using Outlook 2007), so if any folders have been left over from previous access then they could be the cause.

Hope this helps.

Dave A

Kade

Another thing i would take a look into would be the "Deleted" folder on the webmail. Sometimes this retains the emails even if they have been deleted off the email client. Hope this helps.

/Kade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01101110 01101111 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100111 01110010 01100101 01110100 01110011 (No Regrets)

kincavel

I am also getting a similar message and have deleted all emails from every folder, BT's contact email service is not working. Has anyone got any other ideas please?

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

Maybe the deleted items is full.  Have you clicked click the bin icon at the top? Also have you got a lot of pages in the inbox, check the arrows top right.

Thanks

sw-b

Hi

I am having the same problem.  I have been sent an email telling me that "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator."  All of my emails from all mailboxes and accounts have been deleted and trashed.  Did anyone manage to solve this issue?  Desperately need to get this up and running as I use it for work.

KN

Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.

Your mailbox size is 49456 KB.

Mailbox size limits:

You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 40000 KB.  You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.

To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder file (.pst).

Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent Items folders count against your size limit. 

You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space will not be freed.

I do not understand this statement!!

willbrad

I've emptied inbox outbox deleted sent etc which I have to do at least once a week. I emptied it all yesterday and this mornings message is my mail box is off! The time between warnings gets shorter and still says my box full when it's empty. I NEVER get any junk mail at all on this a/c. Is that possible or do I just not know where to look and could that be blocking it?