cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox full even when it's empty?

abcprint

Hi,

I use Outlook Web Access to check my emails and I get a daily message from System Administrator which reads:

Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 213571 KB.
Mailbox size limits:
        You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 200000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder file (.pst).
Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent Items folders count against your size limit. 
You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space will not be freed.
See client Help for more information.

The mailbox is set at 250MB (the maximum) and when I check for messages at email.btconnect.com, there are no messages in the InBox or any other folders (including Deleted Items), yet this message is telling me that the mailbox is almost full. If I use an email client like Apple Mail, there are no messages to download. I know the mailbox is receiving correctly as the occasional email is coming through and deleted manually.

Everything is telling me that there are no messages on the server, yet this message says there must be. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14

brianmahon

nimbystripes

Be sure that you are using IMAP instead of POP3. Check it with your email hosting server to see if there's a problem on it's end.

kimura
Super User

Doesn't matter if it's IMAp or Pop3, thing here is mailbox is full I think. Check your archive folder. There should be tons of emails in this client that needs to be deleted.

OldWolf
Guru

Hi,

There is one check you should try here. Check the account and all the folders in webmail, making sure to change the view as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

If the account appears to be empty but you still get a non-delivery report then contact the Helpdesk.

The reason is your account could be broken.  I had that problem with one of mine, and it turned out that the total available space on the account was less than 1 Kb.  They got it reset and it was fine after though.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Dave A

stvedgr

hi how do i empty my mail box please