Accepted Solution

Microsoft Outlook-error message 550 relaying denied

I have a BT connect account that relays emails to my work domain name email, but for some reason, today all sent emails are bouncing back with error message '550 relaying denied', so I cannot send any emails. None of my email account settings have been changed, and having checked they all read as they should do, my wife who also has a bt connect account which relays to her work domain name email is still working fine - what can I do, these are important work emails i need to send?

Guru

Re: Microsoft Outlook-error message 550 relaying denied

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulty with this, alanshinwell.  Please send me a PM with some details of your account and the domain name you are using.  (Click on my icon and you will find a link to send me a personal message a little way down the page, on the right).

I have a similar problem.  Working from home via BT Total Broadband is not a problem, but while travelling on business ad using someone else's WiFi I can receive mails, I can send to myself, but sending to anyone else results in the "relaying denied" message.  Any advice?

[Using Windows 7 and Office 2010]

Yes, I have exactlyu the same problem.

When travelling, and using BTconnect to send email from wifi hotspots, I always get the "relaying denied" message. The only solution that I have found is to use a different ISP to send emails. This also means of course that I am using a different email address for incoming mail too, and for consistency also when I'm at home. So ultimately it's BT's loss, when I have so little left that ties me to the BT broadband account that there's no reason for me not to jump to a much cheaper service.

Good Afternoon

I believe I have been getting this same sort of problem.

It seems to have started since there was a problem/outage with BT last Thursday. On Friday my assistant tried to send a number of emails to me - at first some were rejected with this error and others have been sent and have disappeared. I am aware of some of my clients sending emails to me and these have not arrived !! 

On Friday I tried sending emails to my assisstant's email address and to myself - none of these have arrived. I have tried today the emails arrived successfully !

BUT WHERE ARE ALL OF THE LOST EMAILS FROM FRIDAY ?? Any help retrieving the lost emails greatly appreciated ! 

Guru

Just right now, some customers will be experiencing some difficulty with e-mail.  The errors you may experience will vary, mostly "550" relay errors but also mail delays and "Recipient doesn't exist" errors.

We are working to maintain reliability and the best service we can provide to our customers.  If you are having difficulty, then Contact Us.

I'm not sure why the moderator provided that link as its absolutely useless. One keeps being pushed around in endless circles. All I want to know is how to resolve 'ERROR 550 - Relaying Denied' on Outlook 2010. Please tell me, in straight forward, easy to follow terms what needs to be done. Many thanks.

Administrator

Hi MichaelOLC,

I am sorry to see you are having problems, but to resolve a 550 relayinf denied message you do need to contact our technical helpdesk, here are the contact us options.

Regards

Markp

Hi

I have a big problem someone is sending random emails from my email and its not me they are being returned as error email failure notice 550 and 553 ? I use this email address for my business and is causing me extreme embarrassment

please help asap Many thanks Michele