cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft exchange 32 - mailbox almost full

Wk1966
I have deleted all large files including in archive files and deleted folders but keep getting emails saying mailbox almost full ?

How can I clear some space or add memory ?
7 REPLIES 7

wbasker

Hello WK1966,

Are you using a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express to download and manage your e-mails?

Essentially, the basics of e-mails is as follows:

When ever anyone sends you an e-mail, for example me, family member or a customer, the e-mail arrives at your mailbox on BT's system, which has been set aside for you. BT retain or hold this e-mail until you open up your program (such as Outlook or Outlook Express), when you do - the program then connects to this mailbox on BT's server and then asks for any new e-mails. If there is BT then send them, through your connection, to your computer.

When you get a message saying that your mailbox is full, it is referring to this mailbox on BT's server and NOT your computer. What you need to do is logon to the BT website at http://myoffice.bt.com , then going to "E-Mail" with the e-mail address and relevant password, once logged in, you may need to click on the purple E-Mail button at the top.

Once logged in, you can then click on your "Inbox" to then delete all the unwanted e-mails in the Inbox folder. It is worth noting that once you have deleted the e-mails to then go to the "Deleted Items" folder and empty that. Once done, that is your mailbox clear.

One thing you might want to do is check to see if "Leave A Copy" is selected on the e-mail program, to do this here are some links below to see, click on the link relevant to you. Mail clients have the option to leave e-mails on the server, or delete them from the server, depending on how it is done. It could be that you have setup to always leave a copy, hence it being full.

Leave A Copy - Outlook 2007

Leave A Copy - Outlook 2003

Leave A Copy - Outlook Express

-------------------------
In order to begin solving issues, we need to strip the situation down to it's basic issue / problem and start from the start. Then we can start looking into the complexities of it.

I am here to help!

Clarke815

My mailbox is almost full, how do I clear it?

Venture

Help Please.

I need to get into server to delete mails for two addresses. have managed to do my default one, but cant understand how to access the other one on the server. Not computer illiterate but not a supertech either. 

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Venture

To login to the BT srever to delete mail go to this portal and login as the email address in quesiton and you will be able to delete mail to create space.

Markp

Basement

My mailbox is almost full- when I go to log in to the website to manage mailbox settings I'm asked for an old login set up by an ex administrator - I don't know the password and also don't have access to whichever email account was associated with it so can't change it. Help! 

Thanks

Hansford

@Clarke815 wrote:

My mailbox is almost full, how do I clear it?

MarieVR

I want to use OutLook for a business company but do not know what email system to use. Is Outlook appropriate for sending many files? 

smile