cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New webmail setup

LucyBrooks

I recently discovered that the interface for Webmail had changed somewhat and also, it seems, that the junk mail filters have been strengthened. The result is that quite a lot of legitimate mail is going into my webmail junk folder. OK. but if I tell it that the message is not junk, surely it should learn and not do it again. I am referring specifically here to notifications of incoming funds from Paypal. Many of them continue to go to the junk folder - but bizarrely, not all of them. Some get through to my email client.

How can I "teach" the webmail that such notifications are not junk and I want them. Indeed they are crucial to my business!

Woud be appreciative any any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi LucyBrooks,

you may want to add either the sender to your "Safe Sender" list this will automatically no Junk any mail from that sender, (you can add domains)

or you can completely stop any mail being sent to your junk folder

the problem is Paypal Looking emails (or even Email addresses) are often Spoofed by Email Spammers to try and commit fraud (asking for Banking Details ETC) which means somthing like paypal can quiet often get caught into the spam filters,

I would personally suggest the first option of adding Paypal.com to your safe sender list,

Once logged into your webmail click the COG icon in the top Right of the screen then click Options

once their click Block or allow,

then you will be able to see the safe Sender options,

Thanks
Plumly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi LucyBrooks,

you may want to add either the sender to your "Safe Sender" list this will automatically no Junk any mail from that sender, (you can add domains)

or you can completely stop any mail being sent to your junk folder

the problem is Paypal Looking emails (or even Email addresses) are often Spoofed by Email Spammers to try and commit fraud (asking for Banking Details ETC) which means somthing like paypal can quiet often get caught into the spam filters,

I would personally suggest the first option of adding Paypal.com to your safe sender list,

Once logged into your webmail click the COG icon in the top Right of the screen then click Options

once their click Block or allow,

then you will be able to see the safe Sender options,

Thanks
Plumly

LucyBrooks

Thank you so much. I hadn't found that option. I see that I can switch off junk mail filtering altogether. I might do that because I have a junk filter on my client anyway.

Again. Thank you. Much appreciated.