cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Sent Message Quota

HumbleBee

I run a small business.

When I signed up with BT Business Broadband, one of my requirments - met at the time - was that I could send e-mail to an unlimited number of clients from my desktop systems.  [I use a desktop databse to trigger the Thunderbird e-Mail client.]

I could do that when I signed-up.

Periodically, I send an e-mail newsletter to my clients.  I wish to e-mail all my clients on one day so that the news is current.

Today, I tried this for the first time since the Office 365 conversion.  The system sent 1500 e-mails then rejected all further attempts to send (with an "5.2.2. Over Quota" message).

How can I send my Newsletter out without being blocked?

Worse than that.  Having reached this (unheralded) quota, I am not able to send any other e-mail.  My communications with my customers have been frozen.

3 REPLIES 3

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Yeah that limit is shown in the particulars for the account:

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/panretail/terms/pdfs/bt1159.pdf

Don't know what the situation is about changing that limit, or if it's even possible under the current set up.  I wish it was better news.

Dave

Stephenc
Master User

Hi there,

It is possible for premium users (people who pay £4.50 per month for an office365 for small business licence) to get the limit increased to 3000, or very occasionally 6000.  But there would need to be a genuine reason, i.e. a news letter etc, 3000 emails could not be sent every day, the limit would be lowered if it was felt that the service was being over used.

Thanks,

Steve

jonB

I dont see the point of everyone advertising Business packages and then putting limits on the number of emails you can send.

I have several thousand emails to send in a newsletter, but cannot due to quotas. 500 per day is pointless.

any advice how we get around this?

Jon