cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365 | Outlook blocking emails

Argonaut

BT moved my email to an Office365|Outlook mail service - no problem, as I still use Thunderbird client on my PC and Android email client on my phone with this OK.

However noticed that I was getting issue of not receiving some particular emails ........... eventually found the cause -  when I logged into Office365 webmail  (which I don't use)  I found that many genuine emails were being treated as SPAM  and moved to Junk mail folder.

This prevented the emails ever arriving in the email clients that I do use .... i.e. Office365 is filterring first.

I know I can act on each one of them and set as 'not junk' ............ but I will still have problem of genuine emails going into spam folder without my knowledge.  (unless I regularly log into web client - which I don't want to do) 

My Thunderbird mail client has its own spam function, so happy for all mail to come through from BT, rather than lose mails.

The problem is that I have no knowledge that mails have gone into Office 365  ....  as I don't access that webmail client I simply don't know.

Can I turn off the spam folder function on Office365|Outlook mail ?    or set it so filterring does not happen unless I atually log into the webmail account ?

2 REPLIES 2

Plumly
Grand Master

Hi Argonut,

Yes you can disable, If you login to OWA/Website) and go to the Cog in the Top right corner then settings,

then under the account section there is "Block And ALlow" under here  there is an option to not move mail to Junk Items

This will resolve you problem,

Thanks

Plumly

Argonaut

Thanks ... found it, have now turned it off ....  It should really have been off by default - unless you use web access you don't know it's blocking emails.