cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365 Premium Mail Issue

BobbyDotGov

I had/have BT Business Lite/Domain and have recently ( 4 days ago ) added Office 365 Premium to my account - I was told by BT to disable both my current emails and to re activated after a given period.  

This has worked for the main email address that I have for the account - but the second email address I cannot neither - reactivate  (told that I need to add another license )  or add as an an alias to the main address.

As the second email is my named one and has been used by business colleagues I do not want to lose it - but no one seems to be able to give me advise on what if how to rectify this -   FYI I have waited 4 days to see if this would somehow update.

Microsoft advise that the issue should be directed to BT

Any advice would be well received even if only who is best to contact on this.

Bob C

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello Bob

With Office 365 for Small Business/Premium it is 1 license per email address if you want them to have separate mailboxes.  If you want them to share a mailbox you can create the email address as an alias, but once an email address has been created as a mailbox it cannot then be deleted and created as an alias, it would need you to purchase another Office 365 license to be able to create that address.

~Ryan

petergroft
Power User

Repairing Profile from Outlook Desktop Application
1. Click File.
2. Select Account Settings, and then select Account Settings again in the drop-down menu.
3. In the Email tab, select the account you wish to repair and click Repair.

4. Select Next.

5. Outlook will complete the setup for your account. You will receive a prompt to restart Outlook for the changes to take effect. Select Okay.

6. When it is finished, select Finish and restart Outlook.

Regards,
Peter