cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old btinternet email

russtreasure

Hi, I have received a message saying that I would lose my old @btinternet.com email address if I do not use a dial up service.

I changed to business last year but still use my old address and do not want to lose it.

I do not want dial up so can I migrate this old address to my new business account please?

Cheers

Russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheOtherOne
Super User

Hi Russ,

What Alistair said is quite right, unfortunately BT Business and BT Residential accounts are separate, which means you'll not be able to transfer your "@btinternet.com" or "@btopenworld.com" email account.

If you cancel your current residential internet service you can keep your res email account by paying a £ 1.47 monthly fee (this is the normal fee for those email accounts, it's just that broadband/dial-up customers get them free with their package).

Hope this helps,

TheOtherOne

"He was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alastair
Grand Guru

no because bt residential and bt business are strictly speaking seperate service providers.

the best you can do it speak to a desk called premium mail who can keep it active.

think the number is - 0870 240 3349

=~~= All Glory to the Hypnotoad! =~~=

TheOtherOne
Super User

Hi Russ,

What Alistair said is quite right, unfortunately BT Business and BT Residential accounts are separate, which means you'll not be able to transfer your "@btinternet.com" or "@btopenworld.com" email account.

If you cancel your current residential internet service you can keep your res email account by paying a £ 1.47 monthly fee (this is the normal fee for those email accounts, it's just that broadband/dial-up customers get them free with their package).

Hope this helps,

TheOtherOne

"He was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night"

evrobs

@russtreasure wrote:

@Hi, I have received a message saying that I would lose my old @btinternet.com email address if I do not use a dial up service.

I changed to business last year but still use my old address and do not want to lose it.

I do not want dial up so can I migrate this old address to my new business account please?

Cheers

Russ