cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up e-mail on Google Nexus 7

perkinwarbeck

Hello,

I am experiencing some problems adding my btconenct account to my Google Nexus mail client.

I am using the following.

pop3.btconnect.com

mail.btconnect.com

I have also tried with these variations:

pop.btconnect.com

pop.outlook.com

smtp.outlook.com

mail.outlook.com

Each time I try to configure my account with these, I am informed that my e-mail address and password are incorrect.

With one mail client (AQUA) I have been able to receive my e-mail; but cannot send.

Has anyone else experienced problems? If so, any solutions out there?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

5 REPLIES 5

adrianc
Master User

Do you know if your account has been migrated to the Microsoft platform yet?

I just set up a non-migrated account in the default Nexus 7 email client and the two things I had to change was the outgoing email port to 25 and remove the tick in authentication.

Adrian

perkinwarbeck

Yes, I believe we have been migrated across to the Microsoft platform.

Any other suggestions? I have tried fiddling with the port; but an error message appears, stating that my username and password are incorrect.

adrianc
Master User

If it's been migrated, try the instructions on this page.

Edit: For the username use the full email address - xyz@btconnect.com, some clients will default to just using the part before the at-sign.

Adrian

adrianc
Master User

Hi,

I just tried it with a migrated account. I got the same username/password error as you until I logged in to the webmail. After that I was able to set up the account.

The only thing I had to change was the security type on the outbound server from "SSL/TLS" to "STARTTLS".

Adrian

perkinwarbeck

Thank you.