cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing email accounts to different devices

18ME
Power User
I’ve been looking at trying to sync all my devices PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone with my email accounts so that when I reply to an email on one device all the devices will show that I’ve replied or when I’ve deleted an email all devices will delete it etc. So far after talking to one pc expert I’ve been told that I cannot do this with POP3 and that I need IMAP, whatever these mean. I’ve been on to BT live chat who have said that I would need to upgrade to Office 365 essential or premium which is either £5 or £9 per month. I wouldn’t need all the Office features of the premium just the ability to do what I need with the email. She also said that if two people were to have their own mailbox then I would need two licenses which I thought was a bit steep just to accept emails. My partner has a business email address which is her name at our domain name and a btinternet.com personal email address, I have my name at our domain name and another btconnect.com personal email address plus a coupe more at our domain name. We’ve also got iCloud email addresses. So those who understand all this do I really need to pay for two office 365 essential licenses?

Is it easy to set up the email on the different devices once I’ve upgraded? Will it still be in the mail app on iPhone and iPad?

Many thanks
Martin
www.broadwaycookshop.co.uk
3 REPLIES 3

18ME
Power User

Can anyone please help with this as I'm not getting much help from BT.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there 18ME,

to be able to synch all your folder Inbox, sent items etc you will need an exchange email account.  Our normal email addresses are POP addresses, but if you have a domain emaik address such as name@broadwaycookshop.co.uk you can have it upgraded to Office 365 for small business, or small business premium which comes in at either £5 or £9 a month per email address.

Markp

18ME
Power User

Hi markp,

Thank you for your reply.

I have been told that I would need office 365 but I really wanted to know more details.

I wouldn’t need all the Office features of the premium just the ability to do what I need with the email. She also said that if two people were to have their own mailbox then I would need two licenses which I thought was a bit steep just to accept emails. My partner has a business email address which is her name at our domain name and a btinternet.com personal email address, I have my name at our domain name and another btconnect.com personal email address plus a couple more at our domain name. We’ve also got iCloud email addresses. So those who understand all this do I really need to pay for two office 365 essential licenses?

Is it easy to set up the email on the different devices once I’ve upgraded? Will it still be in the mail app on iPhone and iPad?

Many thanks
Martin