cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using btconnect hosted exchange but can't connect with outlook2011 for mac

jetranger

Hi all,

Just got a new MBP with Outlook 2011 on it, but can't for the life of me connect to my btconnect hosted exchange server.

BT have been useless in trying to help, not answering my direct questions about what version of Exchange they are using etc and just avoiding providing me with any useful support at all.   Is BT still using Exchange 2003, which would be incompatible?

If anyone has any experience of setting this up, could you let me know.  I can't even get it to recognise btconnect.com as a valid address and the configurator just has a fit.

Thanks

JR.

11 REPLIES 11

nalp30

I was about to buy and iMac and install Office for Mac until I was told that it requires Exchange Server 2007 or later to function.  BT's Share & Organise service is based on Exchange Server 2003 and so is not compatible with Outlook 2011 for Mac. There are lots of posts from techies on the web explaining why.

I'm now having to investigate buying a Windows 7 PC and am finding it difficult to get BT to give me straight answer on whether or not Outlook 2010 with work with the BT Exchanger Server.  Microsoft says it should but no-one at BT seems to know!

Plumly
Grand Master
Hi Nalp30 I have managed to get BT Business Organise and Share to work on Outlook 2010, Its not support offically by the helpdesk that would only be outlook 2007, but outlook 2010 works fine, (i haven't done loads of testing though)

Plumly
Grand Master
Hi JetRanger I cannot find anything offical from BT, But i belive they use Hosted Exchange 2003, Thanks

nalp30

Hi

Interested to hear that you got Outllok 2010 to work Ok with Share & Organise.  Any tips that you can pass on about best way to do it or do I just follow process outline in BT's instructions on how to connect?

Thanks, nalp30

Plumly
Grand Master
Just done it in the same way as advised for outlook 2007/2003, Using the Mail.PRF and VBS Script from Myoffice page... i didn't have to complete any Tweaks for this that i can remember, hope this helps

nalp30

Thanks.  I'll give it a go once I've bought new PC.

nicktjcullen

It is a joke how awful a company BT is. I am not suprised about this at all.

So is there any way to get BT to work with my Outlook for Mac 2011? Will it work with pop3 instead of exchange???

Martyn62

Any update on this?!

Leagleeagle
I have managed to get the pop3 working on office 2011 for mac but no luck on configuring this for exchange.... Exchange works fine on the I pad so what the issue with the mac pro? You would have thought that this was a point which could have been writ large on the how to bit of the Bt web site instead of leaving this to the poor saps of users. Any ideas?