Safebet

What is the Maximum Email Size allowed

1/ Where can I find out what's the maximum email size I can send with my BT Connect Email account (sending Email from the office, where I have BT Connect as ISP with BT Business Total Broadband Option 3 package) ?

eg: if I send an email  with more than a  couple of attachments (say over 5 or 7 Mb) I get a "delivery failure". 

I cannot find this info ANYWHERE !

2/ Also... is the maximum Email size any different when I send the same Email from home (still using myemailaddress@btconnect.com) where my home ISP is BT Internet (BT Broadband Option 1 )?   

Thanks in advance.

A

BT Employee
Fiona

Re: What is the Maximum Email Size allowed

Hi

You can find the size limits in the following help and support section.

• Maximum size is 25MB with a maximum recipients per email of 50 if sent via SMTP.
  • Maximum size is 10MB with a maximum recipients per email of 200 if sent via Outlook Web Access.

So if you are sending from home through the internet the maximum size is 10MB

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.
Safebet

Thanks Fiona;

but in which case, why are we constantly getting "delivery failure" emails when we send an email to only 2 recipients with maybe 4 attachments totalling about 7Mb ?

they are usually JPEGs rather than PDF but it might have also happened with PDFs. 

when this happens, we then remove a couple of attachments, re-send email with the 1st 2 files then send a 2nd email with the other 2 files and these go through!  

I haven't got an example right now but as soon as I do, I can paste the text we receive from BTconnect.

I will make sure it is not more than 10Mb if sent from home.

meanwhile, I would welcome any suggestion as to why that is.

Many Thanks

Rgds

BT Employee
Fiona

Hi

I'll contact the technical desk and see if they have any information on this.

Kind Regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.
StMichael

RE: What is the Maximum Email Size allowed

did you find out?My hotmail is very limited .. hence one of the reasons i joined this service

StMichael

Re: RE: What is the Maximum Email Size allowed

i want to send a 805mb file? Can you help?

BT Employee
Fiona

Re: RE: What is the Maximum Email Size allowed

Hi

Compressing files, folders, and programs decreases their size and reduces the space they use on your drives or removable storage devices. You can get a Zip program, Microsoft has one on it's operating systems, for information on how to use it please see the Microsoft Article - How to create and use compressed (zipped) folders in Windows XP

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Fiona