Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btcoonect.com

jtanna
Power User

I have got an email account such as:

something (at) btconnect.com

Everything was working up to now using the Microsoft portal: outlook.office365.com.  However, today I can't login at all.

So I wondered what has changed.  I know my password is correct because I have got it in TB (hard wired) and I also have written it down in atext file which I sometimes use to copy and paste when I use the web interface.

Also, the security question seems to be a number.  I don't know what this is all about.  I thought it was supposed to mbe my mother's maiden name but apparently not so.

Can somebody tell me how to go about retrieving this as soon as possible.

My last contact using this email was on 5th August 2015 when I changed my Domain Name Server but this should not have changed anything at all.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

jtanna
Power User

OK I have managed to resolve this with BT Customer Services.  He has reset the password for me and now I can access my business account and also my email account.

Thank god this is resolved because I was getting worried as it is almost impossible to contaqct anybody at BT.

Thread closed.

jtanna
Power User

I am re-opening this post because my account has once again been suspended for no apparent reasons.  Can't login to my eMail or can't login to buy new services.  What is going on here?  Has there been a DDoS on BT platform?

Can a BT staff please repond.  I am now using a temporary eMail (hotmail from Microsoft) but I need to speak to somebody urgently.  Any users who has a direct contact number please post it here or send me by private message.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi jtanna

Very sorry about the late reply, I have been absent on these forums the past week or so for personal reasons - there are admins covering but this post must have been missed!

If the email is suspended I would recommend speaking to our team on Livechat who I believe would be best placed to deal with tihs one. You can speak to them directly here.

Regards

Ryah

jtanna
Power User

@RyanJames wrote:

Hi jtanna

Very sorry about the late reply, I have been absent on these forums the past week or so for personal reasons - there are admins covering but this post must have been missed!

If the email is suspended I would recommend speaking to our team on Livechat who I believe would be best placed to deal with tihs one. You can speak to them directly here.

Regards

Ryah

Thank you Ryan for posting a reply.

Yes I have dealt with Kelly using a Chat Line and the answer is NO.  If the eMail is suspended and therefore my account is also suspended, there is no way anybody can help.  I am now dealing with Dave using the 0800 number and he has promised me that somebody will contact me either Monday (8th October 2018) or Tuesday (next day).  His view is that the only solution for me is to move my domain somewhere else as BT can't deal with me.  Without an Account on BT, I can't manage my domain and therefore it is silly to keep my domain with BT registrar.

I will need an EPP code (or Transfer Key) which GoDaddy or 123Reg will require.  I understand this is normally sent by an eMail so if my registered eMail is suspended, how the hell is anybody going to send it to me.  BT can't use my Hotmail account because of security risks so somebody will need to WRITE to me at my registered address.  I have changed the contact details on Nominet.org.uk and if BT can't help me by close of business on Tuesday, I'll have to contact Nominet to transfer the domain for me.  Their charge is £10.00 plus Vat but that is the only way as far as I can see.

I wanted to send an online eMAil but it requires a BT Account Number which I don't have so it is a non-starter not only for me but to future new customers as well.  The BT should remove that field as "Requirement" because people might not have a bill-able account as in my case.  The charges I pay are every two years so a proper account was not necessary.  Why I was forced to have a btconnect eMail to open an account is beyond me.  Why can't BT allow the use of Hotmail or gMail to open an account.  This problem could have been resolved or never occured in the first place.  I wasn't interested to have a BT eMail;  It was imposed on me if I wanted to buy any business products from  BT.

Anyway, we are just hypothesising this because Dave was quite helpful to sort this out quickly and I am sure he'll come out with a solution.  Nobody wants to waste any time on this.

jtanna
Power User

Posting an update here.

The Customer Services and in particular the 0800 number managed to resolve this.  It looks like the common sense has prevailed.  My account seems to have been re-activated.  I cheacked this by posting a message to myself using the btconnect.com eMail using Thunderbird and it worked so it must have been fixed now.

Later, I'll try to login to the actual business website using the same credentials to see if I can manage the domain.

Good thing is BT Managers have realized that disabling all accounts without regard to what services are still active is simply fool-hardy.  If they want to disable btconnect.com accounts then they should allow users to use their own 3rd party eMails or their own domain eMails to create an account. 

Anyway the matter seems to be resolved for now so we should not waste anymore time on this.

Thanks to all who helped me here.

jtanna
Power User

OK just tried to login to the Business Hub and the result is a No-Go!!!!!!!!  Therefore, althought the btconnect.com email/username works, it doesn't work on BT Business Hub and so can't manage the domain!.

Back to the drawing board.  I have sent an eMail to Customer Services and hopefully they will come back within 48 hours.  I have got the 0800 number so I'll try to ring them again tomorrow morning.

i have taken the screenshots of error messages so I can send them if they want them.  there is no way I'll allow them to install any software on my machine for remote assistance.  The images are:

BT-Account-Suspension2.png

jtanna
Power User

This is another image:

BT-Account-Suspension.png